VCI-400 Problem - Page 28
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Convert

Default USB power

can vci400 be only usb powered without power supply?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sfkim44 View Post
    can vci400 be only usb powered without power supply?
    the vci 400 needs a psu for all the lights

levels light are poopy
    ..........but the whole side of the deck changes color when you switch AC BD which is really great and v useful

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by RD444 View Post
    the vci 400 needs a psu for all the lights

levels light are poopy
    ..........but the whole side of the deck changes color when you switch AC BD which is really great and v useful
    Is that mean i can only use usb if i ignore the lights? or because of the lights i cannot only use usb but have to use with psu all the time?

Sorry if i do come across being to picky.. just trying to clear. thank you so much for the answers so far.

Tech Mentor

Is that mean i can only use usb if i ignore the lights? or because of the lights i cannot only use usb but have to use with psu all the time?

Sorry if i do come across being to picky.. just trying to clear. thank you so much for the answers so far.
    Vci400 needs psu to work

Vci400 cannot be USB powered

Tech Mentor

Vci400 needs psu to work

Vci400 cannot be USB powered
    So I guess the final version detects whether or not the power adapter is plugged in? I tested one of the final prototypes and it did work with USB though the Vestax guys told me I needed to plug in power.

Tech Student

get support from japan, they are really good, vestax uk is friendly but not so good for anything useful.

i'm sure a FW update will fix it

i forget the process of firmware upgrade a did it a few weeks back on PC.

Everyone on this post will have updated so you should get help

silly question but did you use the correct FW. Are you Mac or PC?

MAC firmware

http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=364

Windows Firmware

http://help.vestax.co.jp/en/detail.p...d_page_url=362

also try different USB cables and ports on you computer
    are you sharing ports
    is the vci400 correctly powered
    I am using a mac and yes i double checked which download i got, but to no avail...
    I tried different USB slots and it is powered correctly....
    When it askes for the .bin right as i press "load" i get the error message i stated earlier.
    The good news however is i got the job wheels scratching so thanks for the help on that one

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    So I guess the final version detects whether or not the power adapter is plugged in? I tested one of the final prototypes and it did work with USB though the Vestax guys told me I needed to plug in power.
    now i amconfused lol.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    That could be the headphone output. At any rate, I am saying it's not too low, just lower compared to NI, and mixers have gain to compensate this so it's really not a big deal. Not like you can't get enough gain at all like a CD mastered at a really low level.
    You were right, the spec sheet on NI site says 13dBu. I was reading the text in the same site and it said 9.7dBu..

At any rate, I was thinking about what I said about not being so sure if one would run into trouble in real life.

I looked around but even the mixers with smaller gains (like DJM-600) give you 5 or 6 dB, and many give you 9-12. Even given that many DJs tend to mix at higher levels like 10dB or so (to get more visual feedback to line up the gains), you should easily be able to match that by combining the internal gain of Traktor with the hardware mixer's gain. IF for some reason you "had to" DJ at even higher levels like +18dB (master output glued & club refuses to touch PA but wants the volume loud --what kind of bs is that anyway--) since the mixer's on the edge anyway, I'd just say hell and turn up all the EQs, so, no, I think there really is no way I can run into a serious problem even in real life. If the Twitch guys are complaining based on real-life experience, Twitch must be quieter than the spec sheet says, or they're all DJing with crappy DJs or at crappy clubs...
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 01-26-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Tech Mentor

now i amconfused lol.
    Sorry for the confusion I was just asking the question out of curiosity.

Even if it apparently works, if the manufacturer says it doesn't, it's way too risky to try that at a gig, to say the least. Expect a non-functional unit without power supply.
    Last edited by DJ MiCL; 01-26-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Tech Student

Ok so the good news is i got the jog wheels working

The bad news is i still cant get that update to work :/
    I tried calling the Vextax support number for the US but because its not out yet here they said nothing could be done to help me... which is bullshit...
    He didnt really sound like he wanted to help me all that much to begin with anyway.

But i tried different USB slots as well as checking the power on the vci its self. nothing helped
    I am using a mac btw

any other ideas to get this damn update to work?