VCI-400 Problem - Page 13
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: VCI-400 Problem

Tech Wizard

if have test vci400 on deckadance, here in attachment is my litle mapping file for deckadace 1.93

Tech Wizard

This is my mapping a configuration file for Traktor Pro 1.2.8, this Traktor version work too fine with 8ms

Tech Wizard

I have a mapping problem: Theres a shift button on the VCI, which is in hold-mode. I mapped them "new" to trigger the shift function on/off... So far no prob... but now I want to map the led of this button to give a feedback. it should light up when the shift-button turns the modifier 1 to 1 and donīt light up whe the modifier 1 is 0.
    In the Vestax-Traktor-mapping the led blinks when the button is pushed, but there is no out mapped to this button.

Any ideas?

Tech Mentor

Azu, Goomo,

I don't know how to say this, but I am fairly sure that there has to be something wrong with your configurations. I am sorry to be vague, but I can't help but think so because the VCI did everything it promises on my mac (96 kHz out put, latency fine at the lowest setting, etc..) while I know that the in-house testers at Vestax are mostly windows users.

I wish I could help further but I don't have a windows laptop to test the VCI, which I would have to borrow from Vestax again anyway. Too bad the units are not sold in the US yet because surely you will get a lot more feedback once the US DJs start getting their VCI's.

Please be patient as I am still playing catch ball with the Vestax guys here in Japan, hopefully I will return with more info.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJ MiCL View Post
    Azu, Goomo,

I don't know how to say this, but I am fairly sure that there has to be something wrong with your configurations. I am sorry to be vague, but I can't help but think so because the VCI did everything it promises on my mac (96 kHz out put, latency fine at the lowest setting, etc..) while I know that the in-house testers at Vestax are mostly windows users.

I wish I could help further but I don't have a windows laptop to test the VCI, which I would have to borrow from Vestax again anyway. Too bad the units are not sold in the US yet because surely you will get a lot more feedback once the US DJs start getting their VCI's.

Please be patient as I am still playing catch ball with the Vestax guys here in Japan, hopefully I will return with more info.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

I donīt know what to do... I was playing around with the VCI-400 (jog wheels mapped to beatmasher effect) and then the jog-sensitivy of the right wheel went off, so I had to restart the vestax...
    Damn... Canīt imagine that someone use this thing on stage... it is a disaster...
    4 days with the vestax VCI-400 and I could write a book to it, beginning with the 13 pages of this thread here.
    Iīll wait what the vestax support will say. If there comes no solution, Iīll send my VCI-400 back and buy another controller. Iīm really disappointed.
    Last edited by Goomo; 12-11-2011 at 04:48 AM.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Goomo View Post
    I have a mapping problem: Theres a shift button on the VCI, which is in hold-mode. I mapped them "new" to trigger the shift function on/off... So far no prob... but now I want to map the led of this button to give a feedback. it should light up when the shift-button turns the modifier 1 to 1 and donīt light up whe the modifier 1 is 0.
    In the Vestax-Traktor-mapping the led blinks when the button is pushed, but there is no out mapped to this button.

Any ideas?
    The LED for that button is only for internal use. It blinks when you are pushing. The left and right shift buttons are the same midi note as well. Too bad, but you can only use it as a button without LED feedback.

If you prefer a toggle for the shift button, use another button, and assign something you can use with "hold" mode to those buttons. (Don't forget that they send out the same note too)

Tech Wizard

DJ MiCL: Problem not in my hardware and configuration, but in Traktor 2, if other programs are working well and does not just Traktor 2. In Traktor 2 my CPU usage only 7 - 28%

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Azu View Post
    DJ MiCL: Problem not in my hardware and configuration, but in Traktor 2, if other programs are working well and does not just Traktor 2. In Traktor 2 my CPU usage only 7 - 28%
    In my opinion the problem is on side of the VCI-400. Other controllers work very well with Traktor. Its a compatibility-issue.

Tech Mentor

I had a vci100mk2 before it never dropped out

New vci400 results

"set the latency" to

setting 2, buffer size 128 latency 5,4 = drop out every few seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQwI5...ature=youtu.be

setting 4, buffer size 256 latency 10,6
    setting 8, buffer size 512 latency 21,4 = drops out about every 15 minutes
    setting 16,buffer size 1024 latency 42,6
    setting 32 buffer size 2048 latency 85,4

I tried turning mutli thread on off no difference

also my CPU is on about 33% when it drops out? surely it would peak if that was the cause?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xR_u...ature=youtu.be

also PSU - after 3 hours use (road ready....good luck for the gig)

seriously though i feel i should expect absolutely no drop out during a live performance? The vci100mk2 never did anything like this?

Why is it 48 only rather than 41?

why can't we switch the sample rate to 44100 hz
    Last edited by RD444; 12-12-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Jack Bastard

I'd guess it's because we're on v1 of the drivers. I can only get 20ms out of mine without problems whereas I can get 16ms on ASIO4ALL on my internal soundcard.

Send an email to Vestax support telling them about it and wait a bit for an updated driver.