Questions about the Launchpad, Serato, and Virtual DJ
    Tech Wizard

Default Questions about the Launchpad, Serato, and Virtual DJ

well guys I did what I almost knew I shouldn't have done... I got a launchpad.

There's nothing wrong with it and it seems like a great piece of equiptment, but I really went in over my head, I don't have Ableton, and all I know about it is that is is a MIDI controller, being that it can play little MIDI sequences at any given time. I have no idea how to work it.

I'm running virtual DJ but am considering making a switch to scratch live, or Serato scratch or Serato itch. I really don't know the difference between any of them. I mapped the launchpad to virtual DJ but it really doesnt do anything more than the Denon MC-6000 that I'm using. I'm 5 days into DJ'ing and I am hungry for as much information as I can get. Thanks guys.

Semper Fidelis

serato scratch only makes sense if you have a timecode interface and itch is tied to certain controllers. you're options are traktor, vdj, mixxx or ableton (or torq but i have no clue about that one)

the launchpad is a great blank canvas that u map whatever u want to but u need to know what it is u want to map.

if only "5 days into dj'ing" i'd say you should concentrate on using the mc6000 to see what things u want to do and what extra controls you (maybe) need.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

yea i convinced myself to put the launchpad away for a month until I really became proficient with the 6000, It seems like a smart choice, the more i read the more this all comes out of the darkness and i understand how it all is supposed to "fit" together. Thanks iIappreciate the reply.
    Be Good, Get Good, or Give Up - Greg House
    Denon DN MC-6000, Virtual DJ PRO, Launchpad, 2 - 12" harbinger powered speakers.