Getting The Best Sound Out of Your Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    sebastiannz

interesting stuff re: traktor eq settings. I just checked my own settings and found that limiter was on... OOPS.

yes i use 6% tempo range and dont use the keylock
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    yes i use 6% tempo range and dont use the keylock
    Why (only) 6% Jes? And, should Headroom be a consideration?
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I'm not disparaging someone who obviously has a shit-ton more experience than I do and obviously knows his shit…but I have a very hard time believing the Echo Audiofire is anything special.
    He is very pretentious and I think he makes up half the sound quality stuff. There is a video where he says .wav files are barely high enough quality for funktion one systems.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 11-20-2011 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester.NZ View Post
    dont use the keylock
    Because of CPU demand, or the affect on harmonics? Did a sound-check before a gig this weekend with keylock ON (S4 into club mixer via RCA routed through 4 Wharfies ) - it sounded GOOD. Played with keylock on - lots of compliments from the CDJers on the sound quality
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    He is very pretentious and I think he makes up half the sound quality stuff. There is a video where he says .wav files are barely high enough quality for funktion one systems.
    AND patronising. I agree with M re Echo Audiofire.
    356 reasons why

According to him Funktion1 is the only system audible in the vacuum of space and even then the air is not a fine enough quality to transfer the sound energy generated by the speakers.
    I hate keylock adn use mp3 at 320. and some wavs as well...can't tell the difference but I get tons of compliments on how so much cleaner my sets sound (back when I was actually gigging back in the states) compared to some of the other guys/girls who play the same spots.
    Always strive for perfection but there is a line between spleen and ideal.

Is a funktion one system really that great even? I feel like it has a lot more to do with the room and I have heard some good systems and some really overrated systems. I think there is a funktion one at the vegabond in miami I'm going to have to check out.

Any kit when they're badly tunned will sound like shit... and then you have the "Shit In = Shit Out" saying...

There's a place in here having a Funktion One P.A.. They even changed the club name too... they put an HD after the club name... lame.

So I went there.. and... disapointed.

Went a second time, another DJ... disapointed too.

I heard it's been tunned by Funktion One... sound was harsh everywhere.

In the DJ booth: a DB4 and 4 CDJ2000.

Funktion One a hype?!? meh, I don't think so. Pretty sure if properly tunned, it has the potential to sound better.. however... something that sounds harsh to me probably sound good for someone else, and vice versa.
    Music was fantastic though.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

6% is pretty much the max you can change tempo without changing the key too much. plus that gives me 5bpm either way when playing progressive trance
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast