VCI echo button on a X1

Default VCI echo button on a X1

Hi guys,
    Im wondering how to map a button on my X1 that will work just like the echo function on the vci-100se, except i dont need the jog wheel action to change the freez rate. Can anybody help.

Tech Guru

you mean just press the button and then it does the echo freeze correct?

yes for use with my vinyl setup, as i dont use the vci while playing out

Anyone?

Tech Mentor

I haven't used that mapping before, but do you know if it's the same as the MidiFighter button? And did you want a "shift" command with it as well (freeze for regular push, just echo for shift+push)? Because that will bring modifiers into the mix...
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

no shift necessary, just echo/freeze

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djpaulie View Post
    no shift necessary, just echo/freeze
    Alright, then you're looking for...
    • Global>Effect Panel Mode- Direct, Single
    • Effect Single>Effect Select>Direct, Delay T3
    • Effect Single>Effect On>Toggle
    • Effect Single>Effect Button 1>Direct, 1
    • Effect Single>Effect Param 1, 2, 3>Direct, Whatever values you find to like.

Make sure for all of the above, they're mapped to the same button, and assigned to whichever FX Unit you've decided to use. (I put it in 4, as it will freeze anything that comes before it, and I can't think of much that I'd want to do to a frozen signal anyway...Also, the Dry/Wet doesn't matter when freezing the delay, but if/when you decide to use it as a Delay w/o freeze, you'll want to find a setting for that you like as well...Hope this helps!
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube