Controller vs CDJ's? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrash View Post
    I don't really see the point of CDJs, except maybe for the "no laptop" bit, USB-sticks are smaller. But the notion that they should be more "pure" than controllers is silly, if you've run your tunes through Recordbox or w/e, you'll still have a BPM-display, sure, no sync button, but you'd just need to line up the tempos and nudge them into place.
    This has nothing to do with being more pure, not 'cheating', using them for status or any of that crap. It will just make a beginner a better dj, period.

You would be surprised how many people who start out on controllers couldn't match the bpm of two decks and nudge two tracks into phase to save their life. Whether or not you want to argue if that is still a vital skill or not it is pathetic to not be able to do and it shows in their overall lack of musical understanding and rhythm in their controller mixes.

how about cdjs with a controller?
    Dj F.a.R.h.A.n
    hip hop, house, reggaeton, dancehall, afrobeats, and international.

Tech Convert

Guys awesome feedback so far keep it coming really helpful!!!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I really, really think Pioneer is going to come out with a CDJ controller of sorts minus the CD part. I think they'll be priced in the $700-$800 range and will have most if not all of the functions of a CDJ2000. Something to use with Rekord box and USB sticks alone, and probably be fully midi mappable to use with software. I also I think these controllers will also have a sync capability if they're connected via ethernet.

Time will tell, maybe at NAMM.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I really, really think Pioneer is going to come out with a CDJ controller of sorts minus the CD part. I think they'll be priced in the $700-$800 range and will have most if not all of the functions of a CDJ2000. Something to use with Rekord box and USB sticks alone, and probably be fully midi mappable to use with software. I also I think these controllers will also have a sync capability if they're connected via ethernet.

Time will tell, maybe at NAMM.
    Do you have any reason or is this just a theory?

Tech Guru

If they release something like what @photojojo says I am so there!!

Yeah, I think people have been waiting for Pioneer to put out a "CDJ" without the CD aspect.

In time one would hope, but as far as I can tell, it's just a dream by many right now.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

If I had a reason for what I think I more than likely wouldn't have been able to say any of it so no reason other than I think it makes sense.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I really doubt they will make a CDJ that plays from USB or recordbox with no CD, it would compete too much with their CDJs and not make sense.

I could see them possibly making an HID only CDJ style controller with no cd, usb, or recordbox support that would compete with the V7.

I didn't read any of the replies, and I'll make this short because I'm about to go do something productive.

First…I think CDJ-350s kind of suck. I don't think they're worth buying because they'll always leave you wanting better stuff.

Second…if you have an iPad…there's at least one controller that's made for the iPad version of djay (I think that's what it's called). If you already have the iPad, it'd be cost effective, and I've heard good things about it…especially for a hobbyist. But I haven't touched it or known anyone IRL who has.

I think digitaldjtips.com had a story about it at some point. Maybe it was DJTT. Blogs kind of run together in my mind.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast