APC40 And Traktor 2 (MF Insta. Grat.+ 2 Deck, 2 Sample, 4 FX) - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Tech Wizard

Default Deejaying with the Collision map

Hey all, I just posted this in the maps site, but thought I might say it here, too...

I just downloaded the map and started playing around with it. It would be really helpful for newbs like myself if someone did an instructional video of themselves deejaying with this map on their APC. It would help us wrap our head around putting it into practice, and lessen the learning curve. It might be a good way to give some tips and teach some tricks, too. Cheers.

Tech Convert

this mapping is fantastic bro! i am having som eissues with the instant grat but i havnt delved into it yet to see if we have matching fx or any of that....what im really trying to do with it is set everything to run decks c and d instead of a and b. i want to use my mixtrack for those decks....this means ill only be able to use the instant grat for c&d but im sure ill find a way to map it handling all decks...if i have questions ok to pm you? thanks alot!

I just put out a new update in the mapping page. Check it out and give me some feedback!

Love the mapping. Have you ever looked into doing a skin for the apc40 that would reflect this mapping and is there anyway to map the "sync" feature to stay at the synced bpm when you turn sync off?

A skin would be awesome! Thats just way outta my area of expertise. As far as your sync problem, I usually set a track to master before turning off sync. Does that fix your problem?

Tech Student

Just signed up on this forum to download your mapping, C-Lab... fantastic work!!
    I bought my APC40 10 days ago (yes, a few days before the announcing of the new Push...hahaha lucky me...) and the first thing i wanted to do was try your map. After a few tries, i made it work, and i loved it!
    Just two questions:
    1) Which one is your latest version? cos in the Mappings Sections of this site says the latest is v 0.7.0, but in the first post of this thread it says v.1.1

and 2) is just a bug i'm getting, but maybe is just me. Everything works great but the shift functions. Whenever i click the shift button, instead of doing what your layout says, it sends Traktor to fullscreen.

Thanks for your work!

I'm glad I could help spark your interest!
    Answer 1: the latest version will always be posted in the mappings section of djtechtools. The most current right now is 0.7.

Answer 2: the button labeled shift, doesn't actually work as shift. SHIFT is assigned to the top scene launch button.( I know that's kinda confusing... Sry).

If you download version 0.7 it should come with a PDF file that will explain the entire layout in detail.

Tech Wizard

Are you still working on a newer version, C-Lab? I remember .7 having some issues.

Tech Student

C-Lab, thanks (again!!) for your quick reply. Your mapping is amazing and i will not find better words to thank you, than THANK YOU!
    Cheers!!

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by C-Lab View Post
    I just put out a new update in the mapping page. Check it out and give me some feedback!
    this mapping is amazingly well thought out, built by someone who obviously performs live, and is fairly straightforward to use. i have seen my share of controller mappings that suck, and i can't be bothered with all that midi programming, so this is a lifesaver - i'd rather enjoy driving the car than being under the hood all the time, so to speak. thanks, bro!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567