My ldp8 Mappings for Traktor pro 2 (with working leds) - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Dont worry vizla, the ldp8 settings I use in all my mapping can be found in the attachement of the first post. That's the zip file. Oh... and don't Forget to load the effet settings and using the Big import button
    Just friday @ soundcloud| Samurai.fm | facebook
    Setup : Dual booted Alienware M11X : Ubuntu Studio : Mixxx 1.11 + ubuntustudio/Windows 7:Traktor pro 2+Reason
    Custom Mappings for this devices : Xone K2, Xone DB2, Technics mk2, Akai Ldp8, Midifighter Classic, Korg Nanokontrol 2, American Audio VMS4, Axiom 25, Kaossilator Pro

Tech Wizard

no luck. some FX works (beatmasher), but some are totally messed up... :/
    nevermind. tnx for your time

Tech Mentor

Oh...sorry man. The mapping seems to work the same as on my midifighter on my ldp8, except for the combos wich wont work cause ldp8 have no secret midi notes..
    Did you also notice that it's thé deckalised+instant gratification mapping and not the instant grat ne. If you need it, I also code a version with the instant grat (but only for deck A and B).
    Could you also tell me what exactly work not so I could fix it(perhaps...)
    Setup : Dual booted Alienware M11X : Ubuntu Studio : Mixxx 1.11 + ubuntustudio/Windows 7:Traktor pro 2+Reason
    Custom Mappings for this devices : Xone K2, Xone DB2, Technics mk2, Akai Ldp8, Midifighter Classic, Korg Nanokontrol 2, American Audio VMS4, Axiom 25, Kaossilator Pro

Tech Wizard

tnx pierre
    like I told you I have S4, so all i need is instant gratification mapping for my LPD8.
    your mapping is all in one solution but I need just 2nd page (2nd program)

if you have time & good will to isolate just that part of the mapping as a standalone, that will be great! (and in that case I could much easier fix potential problems myself)

in your current mapping knobs works fine (EQ & filter) but I don' need that
    pads are problem. on 2nd program everything is messed up. instead of instant gratification I have loop, sync, play, cue... or very strange FX behaviour... only thing that works fine is 4 pads for beatmasher fx (i think in pad mode) but i can' remember for sure.

ty again for your time!
    regards from zagreb

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by viszla View Post
    tnx pierre
    instead of instant gratification I have loop, sync, play, cue... or very strange FX behaviour... only thing that works fine is 4 pads for beatmasher fx (i think in pad mode) but i can' remember for sure.
    Instant grat+deckalized is a merging of both mappings, using both of them and doesn't use all of both functonnalities.

As said primary :
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Friday View Post
    I won't explain again the way the deckalized+instant gartification mapping works because I assume a lot of people knows it. Nevertheless,you can check the way it works there.
    You can also find a A/B instant grat I made in this mapping

Hope it can help you.

Hi mate, here's the feedback I promised:
    first of all I'd like to congrat again for your work, and since you seem to have mapping "needs" which are very similar to mine maybe in the future we can work together on some mapping. :-)

Talking about program 2, the instant grat+deckalized "page":

Does shift + effect work for you in holding the effect going?
    For example: if you hit the T3delay pad it has a different dry wet amount than if you hit it while pressing shift. Is this made on purpose?

Do you think you can add some visual feedback to distinguish sampler mode from beat juggling mode?

I wouldn't change anything on the knobs but, how do you activate your filter? I usually map the knobs to also activate the filter, you think that this is uncomfortable?

Sampler mode: it sets a beatsliced 8 counts loop, but I didn't get if it records what you do on the 8 counts AFTER pressing it or if I am supposed to apply all the effects I wish to have on the sample and THEN press it.

I occasionally have some issues with shift+cue drop and shift+cup, dropping the cues always works with the shift button pressed but the behaviour of the cup button changes: in fact sometimes I get the cup function with shift while other times It acts as play pause so I have to leave the shift button to get back to cup.

Again, great work, let's give this little awesome controller the credit it deserves!

Tech Mentor

Thanks for the review, I'm gonna try to answer you the best I can :
    Quote Originally Posted by chikosneff View Post
    Talking about program 2, the instant grat+deckalized "page":

Does shift + effect work for you in holding the effect going?
    For example: if you hit the T3delay pad it has a different dry wet amount than if you hit it while pressing shift. Is this made on purpose?
    Well in fact, I did a simple copycat of flashflood's instant grat+deckalized focus mapping : It means I reassign all the buttons of a midifighter on program 2. So this fx behaviour was already mapped this way on the midifighter (I tested it on mine... It works.). I also notice this mapping behaviour, but what was for me a kind of bug reveals as an interesting feature : you can have different value if you press the effect you can hold in different order, and have this way different flavour of the same effect.

Do you think you can add some visual feedback to distinguish sampler mode from beat juggling mode?
    I tought about it, but as I said before, it was a simple copy with reassignation. I think about it later. You can also map the out yourself by mapping a master out led, conditionning by the modifier that enables the sampler mode.
    I didn't do it because there was too much output of this kind and it make the ldp8 crash (in fact the usb bus, but it's kind of the same...). Maybe I'll solve this problem by modifying the leds output in the future... But for now on I work on my VMS4 mapping (a big bad huge monster mapping : I'm at the beginning, and it's already twice bigger as this one :$)... So maybe later.

I wouldn't change anything on the knobs but, how do you activate your filter? I usually map the knobs to also activate the filter, you think that this is uncomfortable?
    I didn't even tought about it cause I always play with my filter turned on... That'll be the first thing I'll do when I'll work again on it...

Sampler mode: it sets a beatsliced 8 counts loop, but I didn't get if it records what you do on the 8 counts AFTER pressing it or if I am supposed to apply all the effects I wish to have on the sample and THEN press it.
    You have to press the sampler on, then playing with your favorite effects who will be recorded.

I occasionally have some issues with shift+cue drop and shift+cup, dropping the cues always works with the shift button pressed but the behaviour of the cup button changes: in fact sometimes I get the cup function with shift while other times It acts as play pause so I have to leave the shift button to get back to cup.
    Oh... I didn't use this functionnality since then. I'll take a look

Hi mate, here's the feedback I promised:
    first of all I'd like to congrat again for your work, and since you seem to have mapping "needs" which are very similar to mine maybe in the future we can work together on some mapping. :-)[...]
    Again, great work, let's give this little awesome controller the credit it deserves!
    Thanks a lot for those kind words... It's good to see this mapping helps

As a proof of concept, here's my latest set made using this ldp8 only :

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Just Friday; 01-09-2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: mistakes

Tech Convert

Those mappings are not totally finished and I need to polish them*

Banned

It can deal with deck C & D either in sample deck mode or track mode.

Default Quirk's

I've installed the preset's for the LPD8. Then imported the file. ldp8.0.8deckcandd.tsi for the LPD8 Additional controller.

The EQ settings for the knob's works on all setting's. I'ts the transport control that seem's a little quirky. For example when in 'Program 2*: Track control '
    The play pause button's on 1 and 5 do not work (CC mode), only make the filter for deck c and do turn to full then low? and Pad 8 starts stop deck D?

Is there a quirk in it that I do not know about? BTW i'm using standard keyboard layout with a Kontrol X1.

Cheers.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast