LED Mapping for Controllers
    Tech Mentor

Default LED Mapping for Controllers

I'm trying to map the LEDs on my MPD26 and akai LPK25. The difficulty is that I don't know what cc the LEDs are on. Is there a manual online or something that would tell me what cc they are on so I can map them? Or is there software that lists the cc of all the components of a controller?

Let me know. Your knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Henri

They should be on the same as the note they send out. i.e.: If a pad sends out CC #25 on channel 3 when you press it, you should map the LED output to CC #25 on channel 3.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

initially this was my thought process as well. However, the LED I want to light up is the on above the "Note Repeat" button. That button is not Midi Learn mappable for some reason in Traktor, therefore I don't know what cc it is. Its a nightmare!

Thanks for the idea tho

Henri

if there is no midi-learn in traktor that means this button doesn't send out any MIDI-values.
    Therefore the LED above it might be without midi-control, too. maybe it's kind of "hardwired" in the firmware of your controller. when does it light up/flash?

Tech Mentor

Output mapping in general for traktor does not have a "learn" fucntion from what I've read which is why i was trying to figure out the cc. but

http://www.proaudiostar.com/media/ca...ka-mpd26_1.jpg

i want the led above the "note repeat" button to turn on. It usually truns on when the "note Repeat" is pressed. Or having the Led above "Tempo Tap" would be fine as well.

I'm startnig to think that there just isn't a way to do this; I haven't been able to find any results in my googling on the subject.

Do take note that not all buttons/LEDs are MIDI-mappable. Some are hardwired and/or do not send MIDI out at all. Akai's documentation on the MPD26 doesn't have any figures or diagrams about what control sends what data. I'd love to pick one up and figure all of this out, though.
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

Yea, i've been pretty much messing around trying to see what buttons and leds can be mapped. I just might make my own figures and post it here