**Novation Twitch with the new DJTT Knobs & Faders** - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I managed to fix the chroma caps so that they no longer sit high on the Twitch.

I used aluminum billet knobs for the endless encoders, pitch & browse.

Quote Originally Posted by sinfm View Post
    I managed to fix the chroma caps so that they no longer sit high on the Twitch.

I used aluminum billet knobs for the endless encoders, pitch & browse.

What did you do to make the caps fit?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    What did you do to make the caps fit?
    Inside the cap theres a plastic stopper. If you take a thin screwdriver, ( i used a letter opener), you can apply pressure at the base of the stopper and knock it right out and then the cap will fit perfectly on all knobs. Even the super knobs work for the pitch and browse but i didnt like having a marker for endless knobs so i used the aluninum ones

Tech Mentor

Inside the cap theres a plastic stopper. If you take a thin screwdriver, ( i used a letter opener), you can apply pressure at the base of the stopper and knock it right out and then the cap will fit perfectly on all knobs. Even the super knobs work for the pitch and browse but i didnt like having a marker for endless knobs so i used the aluninum ones
    your method of fixing that sit high knob has got me interesting to but DJTT knobs again. Could you please post some photo how perfect of the knob in the Twitch layout?

Quote Originally Posted by oriyong View Post
    your method of fixing that sit high knob has got me interesting to but DJTT knobs again. Could you please post some photo how perfect of the knob in the Twitch layout?
    im at work and this is the only picture i got, youll see that all the knobs sit flush with the controller

IMG_0004 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Tech Mentor

im at work and this is the only picture i got, youll see that all the knobs sit flush with the controller

IMG_0004 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Thank for your fast reply sinfm. It seem like its still look really cool though. How about the fader? I heard someone mention that DJTT fader cap will make the volume fader lose up and down by themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by oriyong View Post
    Thank for your fast reply sinfm. It seem like its still look really cool though. How about the fader? I heard someone mention that DJTT fader cap will make the volume fader lose up and down by themselves.
    yeah, they are really annoying, they come off if you are too rough..

Tech Convert

Thanks for that update regarding the chroma knobs, will probably go ahead and make the purchase now.

Tech Mentor

The fader caps are pretty useless on the Twitch. There's too much play and they are VERY easy to accidentally tilt on the post which then makes the base of the caps drag on the faceplate of the Twitch.

Inside the cap theres a plastic stopper. If you take a thin screwdriver, ( i used a letter opener), you can apply pressure at the base of the stopper and knock it right out and then the cap will fit perfectly on all knobs.
    What am I missing in this technique? I see the stopper. I apply pressure. The stopper stubbornly remains. I apply pressure and twist. I apply pressure and angle. The stopper stubbornly remains.

--- Edit ---

Whew, got it. After ruining a knob or two by applying too much pressure, and after breaking out the mallet and X-Acto knives, I finally found the right sized jeweler's screwdriver. For me, it was pressure to the side of the stopper, followed by a twisting/rotating around the stopper similar to a slow hand-drill. After I finally figured out what worked for me, it was relatively quick and easy.
    Last edited by Xylo Sesame; 03-27-2012 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Corrections

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast