S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Effect Jogs Extreme - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sorry Niel. Not yet.

I was also thinking about another effect combo. One were beatslicer is used, but at the same time, a loop of 4 beats is set. You slice up the song for 4 or 8 beats, while the loop is running, and then press the jog wheel again and you go out of the loop. The idea is to be able to extend the song with the effect and come back into the song where you started to mess with it. I am not sure beatslicer is the right effect though. What do you think?

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

That would be a cool feature to add
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Hello everyone,

Hi Scamo, I tested your tutorial to fix the problem. It seems that the effect are available when I press shift+load. But when I use the load button again whith the browse mode the effects control is gone sometimes... As I can see the modifier position is always on 0 no matter what I do. After a while the problem is back. And there is also a news thing. When I start on a deck, the "delay" is On, but I didn't activate it. To cancel it, i have to use shift+load, and do it again to control the effects properly.

Does any of you experience the same thing?
    Last edited by Legotist; 11-16-2011 at 08:01 AM.

Hey Legotist.

Thanks for trying to help troubleshoot.

Hmmm..I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board on the load button in browse mode. I thought I could catch that, but obviously, it still screws up the modifiers.

I actually wish NI would come up with a totally better and new way of programming mappings. It could be so much cooler with a PLC like programming interface. Could you imagine this?

Code:
    if set($cue1) and ($left_jog_touch or $somevariable) {

$fxmode_bank1 = "group";
        $fx1_effect1= "beatmasher";
        $fx1_effect1_on = 1;
        $fx1_effect2= "reverb";
        $fx1_effect2_on= 1;
        jumpto($cue1);
        cueloop_start(4); /start a loop of 4 beats
        $my_beatmasher_effect_1 = 1;

}

if $my_beatmasher_effect_1 {

set($fx1_effect1_amount, 50) = value($left_jog_wheel_encoder, 100, 100); /values from jog rotation with 100% sensitivity 100% acceleration to change effect1 amount starting at 50%
        set($fx1_effect2_amount, 0) = value($left_jog_wheel, 80, 40);  /values from jog rotation with 80% sensitivity 40% acceleration to change effect1 amount starting at 0%

}
    All NI would have to do is come up with the variables and functions and a programming interface. Not easy I know, but wow, what you could do with controllers would be almost limitless with something like that. Oh well. Guess I am stuck to dreaming about it for now.

I hope to have some time on Sunday to do some work on the mapping. My first task will be to test the "strangeness" that is happening and look more in depth at issues with pressing the load button while in browse mode. If I can get some stability going, I'll try to add in some more effect groupings.

I will also add the echo freeze in mode 1, so that it can also be used to transition out with in that mode.

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    I actually wish NI would come up with a totally better and new way of programming mappings. It could be so much cooler with a PLC like programming interface.
    this is why midimasher lets you embed LUA code and has a big tsi and corresponding lua code to control traktor.

in lua/midimasher you're example would be something along the lines of...

Code:
    open_midi_device("traktor", "traktor", "Traktor to MM", "MM to Traktor");
    open_midi_device("mycontroller", "mycontroller-type", "in-port", "out-port");

capture("mycontroller", ALL, "jog_touch_a", 0, function(d,e,v,p)
      if v > 0 then
        send("traktor", "fx_panel_mode_unit1_group", ON)
        send("traktor", "effect_1_select_unit_1", 3)
        send("traktor", "effect_1_on_unit_1", ON)
        send("traktor", "effect_1_select_unit_2", 5)
        send("traktor", "effect_1_on_unit_2", ON)
        send("traktor", "effect_1_on_unit_2", ON)
        send("traktor", "select_set_store_hotcue_1_a", ON)
        send("traktor", "loop_size_set_4_a", ON)
        send("traktor", "loop_active_a", ON)
        set("my_beatmasher_effect_1", 1)
      else
        send("traktor", "effect_1_on_unit_1", OFF)
        send("traktor", "effect_1_on_unit_2", OFF)
        set("my_beatmasher_effect_1", 0)
      end
    end)

capture("mycontroller", ALL, "jog_a", 0, function(d,e,v,p)
      if get("my_beatmasher_effect_1") > 0 then
        send("traktor", "effect_1_amount_unit_1", v * foo * bar)
        send("traktor", "effect_1_amount_unit_2", v * fu * baz)
      end
    end)
    you can also capture() variable change events, so adding this would turn an led on/off:

Code:
    pipe("_varchange", "my_beatmasher_effect_1", 0, "mycontroller", "some_led")
    not that you'd need to in this example ofc - it could go at the end of that first capture() code block

edit: the file devices/mycontroller-type.lua is what maps events like "jog_touch_a" and "jog_a" onto the actual midi for that controller, which can be generated mostly by running learn.exe. this abstracts the midi away from almost all midimasher code and would also then enable the above code to be wrapped in a function that anyone could call, just passing in the name of the controller to be used and what the event names are for those 2 things etc (tho i'm trying to standardise the event naming)
    Last edited by zestoi; 11-16-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Sounds cool and I'll have a look into it. So could I then look into the mycontroller-type.lua file and see the map events for the S4, so I know what to program? What interface/ program would I need to program in midimasher? I would assume a text editor would be enough, right? Is there documentation for programming with/ for midimasher?

BTW, with the release of Ean's S2 jog effects mapping and the announcement the S4 mapping is coming, I will most likely just buy his mapping due to my time constraints and stop working on this one (we'll see). I enjoyed playing around with the mappings, trying to get it done right and thanks for everyone's feedback, but why have an amateur do it, when the profis can? If the S4 mapping costs money, believe me, it is worth every penny.

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Sounds cool and I'll have a look into it. So could I then look into the mycontroller-type.lua file and see the map events for the S4, so I know what to program? What interface/ program would I need to program in midimasher? I would assume a text editor would be enough, right? Is there documentation for programming with/ for midimasher?
    you'd need to create a devices/mycontroller.lua type file for your S4 first, as i don't have one for that controller yet. mostly a case of running learn.exe, pressing/moving a control and entering what u want to call each of them. i don't have support for hi-res messages yet, but they'll still work fine in pass-thru mode. i'll implement anything like that that is needed ofc so long as i can get some kind of midi dump so i know what to look for.

no documentation yet, but quite a lot of example code. i will be writing some embedded docs soon and publishing the html parsed output somewhere on my djism.com. configs are just text so use whatever text editor you want to.

BTW, with the release of Ean's S2 jog effects mapping and the announcement the S4 mapping is coming, I will most likely just buy his mapping due to my time constraints and stop working on this one (we'll see). I enjoyed playing around with the mappings, trying to get it done right and thanks for everyone's feedback, but why have an amateur do it, when the profis can? If the S4 mapping costs money, believe me, it is worth every penny.

scamo
    yep, seems steal at only 5 bucks. i'd definately get it if i had an S2/S4 even tho i'd be more likely use my own mappings.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Hey Scamo,

I will definitly buy the S4 Mapping from DJ Techtools to show my support, but I'm sure you can add some more cool features as we suggest in this subject. I'm sure you can go over the 3 effects groupings.

Until this mapping is released, I think you can still continu your work, and many of us will give their return on your mapping, me first!
    Last edited by Legotist; 11-17-2011 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks Legotist.

zestoi has also gotten me very interested in his midimasher system. So much to play with and no time. Buggers.

@zestoi - what do I need to get to start exploring programming with midimasher and the S4? Also, can you detect certain statuses in the software, like if a certain cue is already set? I'd imagine you could, but only if there is a midi-message being sent for it, correct?

On a side note: I think it is a shame DJTT have locked themselves into only 3 effect modes. With my way of using modifiers, I can map up to 8 different modes and possibly even 16 switching over to other modifiers (Not sure though. I'd have to think about that some more). I think though, without any kind of indicator of what mode you are in, 16 modes could get quite confusing plus, if you were in say mode 2 and wanted to get back to mode 1, you'd have to press "shift + fx mode" 15 times. That could be a PITA after a while. At any rate. We'll see what happens. I think controllerism is in its baby shoes right now. A lot more is going to happen in the future.

scamo

Hi,

I've updated the mapping and hopefully have gotten it a bit more stable.

The new version is here: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...d.php?p=383078

scamo

p.s., could a mode please close this thread? Thanks!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast