S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - Effect Jogs Extreme - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Student

scanmo,

when i press the jog wheel, the beatmasher, peak filter, and delay turn on but rotating the wheel clockwise or counterclockwise does not affect their values. any ideas what might be causing that? thanks for the help and great work!

-scott

Hi Everyone, Hi Scamo!

Great work! thank you again!

I tested the mapping many time these last two days.
    After playing a few songs it seems that the effects are not available by pressing the jogwheels with the load button On. You have to disable the jogwheels push to activate the effects without the load button activate.

The only solution to be able to use the effects with the jogwheels again is to re-import the TSI again. But the problem stays the same. After playing a few songs, the jogwheels push is not available. Most of the time the problem is on one deck, then after on two decks. I really don't understand this change. It happens during your set without any warning.

Does anyone has the same problem?

I noticed this as well last night but only on the one deck and sometimes it would come back .
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

@legotist - thanks for the testing and the feedback. I had this happen to me once in about 4 hours of playing with the mapping and I couldn't explain it either.

What you could test for me, when it happens, is go to the controller manager and you'll see the modifyers 1 - 8 up towards the top. Modifier 1 controls the mode in Deck A (left deck) and modifier 2 controls Deck B (right deck). You'll see this, when you press the load buttons and also with "shift + FX mode". When you have the issue, see if when you press the load button, the modifier changes either to 1 or 0. The key is, the light in the load button should be on and at the same time the modifier should be 1 or 2. If this happens, then all should work correctly. If the modifier is backwards, meaning, it goes to 0, when you have the load button light on, then the modifier is screwed up. You can fix this by pressing "Shift+Load". That will basically kick the modifier up or down one without changing the load button mode.

I hope that makes sense. If you use shift + load to load a song, that will also screw up the modifiers. Could that also possibly be what happened with you? I know when it happened to me that one time though, I didn't use the load button at all. So there might still be some quirks to work out.

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by shatton View Post
    scanmo,

when i press the jog wheel, the beatmasher, peak filter, and delay turn on but rotating the wheel clockwise or counterclockwise does not affect their values. any ideas what might be causing that? thanks for the help and great work!

-scott
    Sorry I missed your post. I am not sure how that can happen other than also the modifiers got screwed up. Please read the post above and try to check the modifier 1 or 2 compared to the load button light. If the load button light is on, the modifier should be 1 or 2. Of the load button light is off, the modifier should be 0.

scamo

Tech Student

Thanks for file. works well soemtimes then it freaks out and stopps working!

I need a bit more precise description of what is happening to fix the issue. Try to follow these instructions, if you can.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...8&postcount=24

scamo

Tech Student

Hi,

I seem to have issues with the following;

- It works well for a while and if i stop mixing and go back to it, only 1 of 4 set effects then work.

I have followed your rules of remembering to use the load button for the effects and taken the load button off when usiong the deck for searching and scratching.

Also when i run multi samples and change between diffrent deck, then enable the laod button for yoru set effects it seems to not work properly either.

I don't use the load button to loads the decks i use the cue button directly for the deck i want.

I do use the shift button alot to change and delete samples so i cna add new ones during the mix.

I'll try your posted text as furtehr instructions and see how i get on.

I appreciate the work you are doing for all us users and know it takes soem time to do. So thansk for sharing yoru work.

Regards,

Dodge

Hi Dodge,

Thanks for the feedback. I've only tested this on Decks A and B. If you switch the Deck to D and C, I am not sure what will happen. I'll test and see.

I am not sure what you mean with this sentence.

- It works well for a while and if i stop mixing and go back to it, only 1 of 4 set effects then work.
    Do you mean the jog only works on one of the effects?

scamo

Hi Scamo have managed to get anywhere with using different banks of effects yet.
    MBP 17 " , Allen & Heath Xone 92 , 2 X NI D2 , Midi Fighter Twister , MF3D , Maschine Mk2 , KRK RP6 G2 , Push , Technics 1210 mk2 , Aiaiai TMA-1 Studio Young Guru

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast