Traktor v2.1.2 & MK2 Vinyl Thread. - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    Bump and news :
    Ok I tried again, and well i don't think my problem is latency-related. What latency would you use with a 2011 MPB ?
    I'm running at 8.6ms @ 48000 Sample Rate on a 2010 i7 MBP so you should get similar.

But when i hit play, it seems that the track start no exactly where i set my cue point, but slighly after. That's not a big deal, I just got to catch up with the "master" track with the jog, but that's annoying and i'd like to fix that if I can.
    What version of TSP are you running? Some people are experiencing this issue with the latest version (I'm not) and according to the upcoming release notes it's going to be fixed:

* Cueing issues with CD Timecode fixed
    Also it might be because your CDJ's don't operate in vinyl mode...I recall having issues once when I had to use CDJ 200's.

By the way, as a TSP beginner, i'm wondering what should i use between absolute and relative mode. Beside the obvious specs of each mode, is there something i should know ?
    With CDJ's I use absolute mode, I find it works better. My friends tell me they normally use relative mode with their vinyl turntables so they don't have to worry about the needle skipping, etc.

What version of TSP are you running? Some people are experiencing this issue with the latest version (I'm not) and according to the upcoming release notes it's going to be fixed:
    I just bought my TSP2, so i guess it's the lastest version, 2.1.1 right ?
    Any info on when the update will be available ?

Also it might be because your CDJ's don't operate in vinyl mode...
    It's too late for me to double check that, i already packed my gear for tomorrow night party, but as far as i remember, i had the same issue wether i placed the cue point via CDJ or vinyl mode.

I'm running at 8.6ms @ 48000 Sample Rate on a 2010 i7 MBP so you should get similar.
    8.6 is the processing, output or overall ?
    Anyway during soundchecks tomorrow i'll try and see if it gets any better, but as i said i don't think it has to do with latency.

Thank you for the time you spend trying to resolve my issue, appreciate that

PS : isn't there something wrong here, my timecode CD don't show the same shape in scope view :
    Last edited by dope; 12-02-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Tech Wizard

Yeh, 2.1.1 is the latest. Is that what it shows on the splash screen when you start TSP?

Here are my latency settings, they are actually better than what I quoted previously:

Latency: 64
    Processing: 1.3ms
    Output: 5.7ms
    Overall: 7ms

The new update is in beta now, but they don't announce release dates, at some point it will just magically appear and be announced in the NI forum.

Just checked, it's the 2.1.1.
    Well, i guess until the updates comes out i'll follow NI forums as if my life was depending on it

I'll keep you guys posted if it has a benefic impact on this issue

Tech Wizard

PS : isn't there something wrong here, my timecode CD don't show the same shape in scope view :
    I don't have the MK2 CD timecodes yet but my scope looks circular while your scope is oval...?

EDIT: I just tried using my CDJ 1000's in JOG mode and TSP spazzed out.
    Last edited by react; 12-02-2011 at 10:45 PM.

spazzed ? google translate didn't help me on that one

I'm leaving now, i'll read the TSP manual (i never read manuals..) and try to find out about this bizarre scope. But i guess that as long as the orange bar on the right stays full, i'm ok.
    Didn't check if the bizarre shape was CD related or CDJ related. I'll try to find time to test all that tomorrow.

Tech Wizard

spazzed ? google translate didn't help me on that one
    lol, yeh, Aussie slang for having a fit/losing control.

Quote Originally Posted by react View Post
    Ahhh, good to see some Strine here! There's far too many poms in this place!
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by react View Post
    Yeah i think you will find its a slang term from an English medical term derived from the word Spastic which is from the Greek "spastikos"

Bloody Aussies, we give you a language and a free country and you start claiming words as your own pfft

You'll be making your own rules for football next... oh erm. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    There's far too many poms in this place!
    Yeah we are bloody everywhere..

Just kidding my antipodean friends

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789