Traktor v2.1.2 & MK2 Vinyl Thread. - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jezalenko View Post
    This is a software issue and will be fixed in the next update (which this thread is all about!)
    I don't use timecode CDs, but I feel like I've read something to that effect in many a changelog on the NI forum, even back to TSP 1.X days. (I'll look it up to clear up my mind a bit) Makes me wonder how many cdj cueing issues there are and how cd users can work with that.

Tech Guru

ive never had a cueing issue when using timecode cds...the the speed of pick up is annoying
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    THIS! So many people set the tone arm weight wayyyy too high.

This damages both the stylus and the record. 2.5-3.5 grams tops.

Your needles and records will last so much longer when your equipment is setup properly.
    Hell yeah! I'm amazed how quickly my mates get through needles and when I mixed on their decks I found out why. Needles so heavy I nearly dropped it in surprise.

I wonder how long it'll take other systems such as mixxx, xwax, etc to get the new vinyl working.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    are the cdj timecodes also updated with the mk2

i wonder if they resolving the CDJ cue-ing issue (tapping cue on the cdj does not trigger songs like normal cds do)
    Not sure what you mean by this? I use CD timecodes with Traktor and cueing works exactly the same as if I put in a real audio CD, that's always been the case for me.

Cheers,

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I wonder how long it'll take other systems such as mixxx, xwax, etc to get the new vinyl working.
    Wouldnt they then have to pay NI for the licence to use the timecode.
    I mean they dont pay N2IT but legally they ought to be doing so. So if they allow their system to use NI MK2 timecode, NI could go after them in the same way that N2IT are going for M-Audio.

Did they not have to do this before?
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by react View Post
    Not sure what you mean by this? I use CD timecodes with Traktor and cueing works exactly the same as if I put in a real audio CD, that's always been the case for me.

Cheers,

I also feel a difference between timecode and USB/CD/HID. It feels a bit random and less reactive.
    Precise hitting on the first bar is almost impossible, and i gotta catch up with the jog each time.
    Did i forgot something when setting up TSP2 or what ?

Would be nice if one of you guys who don't experience any problem could do a small video, so i can compare, cause really if feels weird imo

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by dope View Post
    I also feel a difference between timecode and USB/CD/HID. It feels a bit random and less reactive.
    Precise hitting on the first bar is almost impossible, and i gotta catch up with the jog each time.
    Did i forgot something when setting up TSP2 or what ?

Would be nice if one of you guys who don't experience any problem could do a small video, so i can compare, cause really if feels weird imo
    What latency are you running? I'm running a MBP i7 with 8.6ms latency. I don't run keylock though, would have to bump up the latency if I did.

I've always had to catch up with the jog, even when mixing CD's. My drops aren't that precise but on the off chance that I do a perfect drop I actually always move it off and put it back to make sure it's perfectly in sync.

From reading DJTT and the NI forums I thought people were complaining that USB/HID was being laggy and glitchy?

It's 1:34 AM atm (gmt+1) and i got to wake up early tomorrow, can't tell you right now, i should be asleep instead of reading every single thread here
    Will tell you more about that tomorrow

Bump and news :

Ok I tried again, and well i don't think my problem is latency-related. What latency would you use with a 2011 MPB ?

I can precise what i feel is wrong : i think that the cue point reading is not precise enough (the cue point on the cdj, not the one in traktor)
    I place my cue points as i used to when i started DJing on CDJs only : CDJ mode, press pause when the first kick happens and then turn the jog so that i only hear that "tic tic tic", the very beginning of the kick. Then i place my cue point.

But when i hit play, it seems that the track start no exactly where i set my cue point, but slighly after. That's not a big deal, I just got to catch up with the "master" track with the jog, but that's annoying and i'd like to fix that if I can.

By the way, as a TSP beginner, i'm wondering what should i use between absolute and relative mode. Beside the obvious specs of each mode, is there something i should know ?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast