Traktor v2.1.2 & MK2 Vinyl Thread. - Page 2
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

It is me or Traktor 2 is getting fixes/updates more quickly than older versions? IMHO, I haven't had any major issues so far, as a matter of fact, I feel TP2 more stable than TP1...
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

No HID support for CDJ350 though? Really miss Traktor but love the feel of my CDJs

wheres the xone: db4 timecode support?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kaek View Post
    *goes to update traktor*

*gets really mad that its not in service centre!*

*drinks wine as anger management routine*
    *And realize's he now has more problems with update!

*Demands new update.

*Now hitting the hard liquor.

*Same routine.

Tech Guru

Yes i'm curious as to what this new timecode mk2 is? Karlos any idea?

Tech Guru

Thanks for the heads about about the new timecode. I just ordered a new set.

Also is this: Ignores Track Start Position offset in CD and Relative timecode mode

pertaining to fixing the Timecode problems I've been having in 2.1.1? That's the only thing I notice that could be the reason why timecode CDs don't work. I could be missing it totally though.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Thanks for the heads about about the new timecode. I just ordered a new set.

Also is this: Ignores Track Start Position offset in CD and Relative timecode mode

pertaining to fixing the Timecode problems I've been having in 2.1.1? That's the only thing I notice that could be the reason why timecode CDs don't work. I could be missing it totally though.
    possibly. or maybe it could be a fix for that issue i brought up in regards to having the blue playhead being ahead of the red playhead even at the very start of the track?

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38297

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    Yes i'm curious as to what this new timecode mk2 is? Karlos any idea?
    Yeah. Its NIs own timecode. My back-to-back testing shows that its seems tighter and less prone to skipping and (whilst not a real issue) the "weeeeeeeeeeeee" sound of the timecode is way way quieter. Some people hate that sound but its just the timecode. You can clearly see the difference between the 2 timecode stamps on the vinyl.

I havent tested the CD timecode.

As for the speculation about the N2IT licence, I have absolutely no information on this matter and I wont comment on it at all.

People have already thrown around a load of theories on the NI forum, usually coming from the usualy suspects of members that are looking for salacious stories.

All I know, as someone that was on the Beta testing phase on timecode, is that we were looking for better timecode performance. I have no interest in legality matters.

Cheers Karlos, it's good to know the newer timecode is superior than the old.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    Cheers Karlos, it's good to know the newer timecode is superior than the old.
    Id say that it is. But id also say that if your testing it your looking for flaws etc.
    If you gave someone one new and one old they may not notice the difference. I noticed less skipping when scratching so if you dont scratch you may not notice as much.

They look and sound completely different.

Ill try get a pic up of the surface.

Hopefully they will bring out a load of funky colours for the people buying TSP from now on because anyone buying TSP as of now (supplied with the MK2 timecode) will not be able to use MK1 timecode, it will not calibrate.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast