Traktor - possible to move hotcue?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor - possible to move hotcue?

I'm using tsp2 and touchosc on an iPad. I have a basic mapping that sort of emulates a pair of dicers. I'm thinking about getting one of the wired midi solutions to improve latency but right now it's using wifi. My problem is that when I set hot cues they are almost always a bit late. I found a midi input that's something like cue/loop move but I can't get it to move a hot cue. Anyone know if this is possible and if so what would be the magic input/mapping?

Thanks!

i'm not aware of any move cue function, but you can map something like delete hotcue with a modifier to your normal cue points and then delete and set them again on the fly..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Tech Wizard

Yeah that's exactly what I'm doing. I had started trying to anticipate them and hit them a tad earlier but that's hit or miss. What I've been doing lately is stopping the deck and moving it to exactly where I want but that only works for the track that isn't actively playing.

make sure your grids sit correctly, turn on snap and your good to go..

don't know if it's totally against your workflow, but maybe you can prep your tracks in advance.. i do this all the time and it helps getting more spontaneous in your sets..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Guru

If its latency then I would either get a wired controller like an lpd8 you can never guess timing 100% of the the time. Especially with cues you want those to be dead on.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by weltraumpapst View Post
    make sure your grids sit correctly, turn on snap and your good to go..

don't know if it's totally against your workflow, but maybe you can prep your tracks in advance.. i do this all the time and it helps getting more spontaneous in your sets..
    I do set them once and a while when prepping. I have a fourth page on my touchosc layout just for gridding and setting cues ahead of time.

I have an mpd 24 that I was using for cues but touchosc is so much more flexible and intuitive. I think I'm going to get one of the midi adapters and just make it a wired controller.

dont know if you got me.. or if i got you

traktors snap mode has nothing to do with latency. it basically just sets the cue on the closest grid mark, which is (if you gridded the track correctly) where you want to have it..
    soundcloud
    facebook

Tech Wizard

Sorry! I had meant to thank you for the snap idea in my last reply and got completely side tracked. I'll give that a shot.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Snap is probably your answer. It still depends on your timing a little, but there's more room for being a little late or early and it still landing on the right one.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by J5k View Post
    Sorry! I had meant to thank you for the snap idea in my last reply and got completely side tracked. I'll give that a shot.
    haha.. thats what i thought..
    soundcloud
    facebook