Photojojo's setup - Page 3
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

If I could find one, I would. Everything I can find local is either belt drive or $700 1200s or 1210s (regardless of revision).

This is where ebay saved searches are you friend! Set on up for every model you're interested in and then set it to email you if any get put up for sale.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Looks awesome man, nice job
    -= DejaVoo =-

Numark TTX USB x2 / Numark m3 / Traktor S4 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Macbook

Cool idea, pop. I do kinda hate ebay, but I'll look into it (got screwed over buying my first technics a few times before I found someone selling locally).

I am interested in what jojo thinks of the 92s, though. They're one of the decks I'm interested in. I don't really care about any of the extra features on the 150, and they'd kind of just be there for nostalgia and S&G…maybe if I occasionally decide to play hip hop at a house party or something. I don't plan on using DVS at an actual gig unless I really have to. And even then, I'd at least consider faking it. Incorporating Maschine wel is way more important to me at this point than slip cuing instead of pressing a button.

@jojo, I really do like the evolution of this setup. I need to see if I still have my old photo archives to see what I've got.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

They're pretty good. I'm not a scratcher so I can't really speak to that, but they've got plenty of torque. I can play EDM just fine with them, but I'm so rusty on beat matching that I never do. Plus I've got better things to do with my time.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

How's that DNX1600 treating you? I can't decide if I want that or if I should just be a sheep and get a Pioneer.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It's great. Scratch certification is a big bonus plus its got loads of midi for all kinds of stuff. Honestly though with two X1's I don't use all the midi available on the mixer.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    It's great. Scratch certification is a big bonus plus its got loads of midi for all kinds of stuff. Honestly though with two X1's I don't use all the midi available on the mixer.
    I figured I'd map the filters to the MIDI section and call it good, but you've pretty much described what I'm going for with at least one X1, scratch certified mixer and techs.

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Found a laptop stand at goodwill for $5
    WHAT!? >< Thats so awsome!

Tech Mentor

is your booth 2 expedits deep or just one with a plate added on top?
    Xone 42, X1, Audio 8, Maschine mikro

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast