Xone:1D replacing rotary encoder
    Tech Wizard

Default Xone:1D replacing rotary encoder

Hi,

One of the small rotary encoders on my Xone:1D (the one next to the jog wheel) has lost its click - it's now always in the pressed down position. The controller won't turn on properly (all four red lights are always on) which I'm not sure if it's related (e.g. the controller is getting stuck in MIDI mapping mode) or not, but I'd like to try and eliminate it as the cause (the controller is out of warranty).

Does anyone have any experience in replacing this part of the device? I'm guessing I can just open it up, unsolder the existing one and solder on a replacement? If so, what part do I require? The Xone:1D spare parts guide suggests the knob is this: http://www.juno.co.uk/products/allen...379/342035-01/ - but this looks like only the knob, not the encoder itself.

I have contacted A&H support and have heard they are normally pretty helpful about things like this, but thought I'd see if anyone had any experience.

Cheers,
    Tom

A&H uses ALPS pots. I think the encoders too. I found some on the RS website that looked a close match - RS is sometimes quite expensive, but should steer you in the right direction - if you wanna go DIY that is (perhaps A&H can even send you one).

As for your 1D not switching on properly: If you switch on the 1D (or 2D/4D) with that encoder depressed you enter the hardware setup mode, which is why you're having trouble powering up. Try pulling it up and wedging it until you get it fixed, at least then you can switch it on and still use it. Seeing it's broken anyway you could also try pulling off the cap, then pull up the shaft and put a drop of Superglue or Loctite where the shaft meets the encoder body - should do the job of keeping it up.
    92/2D/X1/KRK/Traktor (Toshiba Satellite M50 / PSM51L)
    Progressive Psychedelic