Carl Cox video - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Carl Cox video

I remember being absolutely over the moon when I managed to buy a copy of 'I want you' in 1991.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    His new album uses USB technology... you don't buy the album as mp3 or CD, or vinyl... He is still using Traktor... I believe this set was done for promotional purposes for one... Coxy normally uses a Vestax mixer that was originally custom built for him and then went into production by them. I have been on tour with him and used his personal mixer that gets carted everywhere for him. I think he is pushing the USB Album right now, so this may be one of the reasons for the use of the CDJs. He was on Traktor all summer though...
    Thanks for sharing, I know you know him pretty well, or better than most of us ever will!

I was just curious as I remember him being a full on Traktor junkie like most of us, but recently it seemed he'd stopped using it. I know he has his personal Vestax mixer, and I also noticed a few times that he wasn't using it, maybe Pioneer or promotions? Wow then it seems he does a lot of promotional gigs!

I saw that he had released his album in USB, I got the message on my FB, yeah maybe that is a reason to not be using Traktor.

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post

who cares what he plays on...did you only buy traktor cause he used it?

weak...
    Weak? Come on do you think I give a flying fuck what equipment big names use, and base mine on that? How stupid do you think I am?

Its out of pure curiousity that I mentioned it in the first place. Should I start using Machine cos Plastikman uses it? Should I start using Serato cos Fatboy Slim uses it? Should I start using premixed CD's cos Guetta uses them? Fuck no!

So... take your "weak" and put it somewhere else, and don't shoot someone cos they curious when a DJ changes his usual gear!

Quote Originally Posted by Liambo View Post
    I watched a interview a while back of him and he was saying that he still likes Traktor and what it does but due to Rekordbox being on the go and the simplicity of a single pen drive being linked he finds it much easier to use. He can also prepare his sets on the go just like Traktor.. So its a win win situation for him.
    Thanks for that, thats explains a lot of why he would do that, and change over. Rekordbox is awesome if you know how to use it and play in CDJ's primarily.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    What was going on with the left CDJ at around 9.25 where the center indicator was bouncing back every rotation at the red mark? (same with the right CDJ at around 10.20)
    He set a loop, and it's ridiculously hard to set a perfect loop on a cdj, so that bounce back you see is when it goes to the beginning of the loop again. It means that the loop is slightly over 4 beats long.

Hope that helps
    DJ: Traktor Kontrol S4, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
    Production: LPD 8, Keystation 49, Fast-Track Pro, Equator D5 monitors

Is there a place I can download this unmixed?
    alone

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by elio_xh View Post
    He set a loop, and it's ridiculously hard to set a perfect loop on a cdj, so that bounce back you see is when it goes to the beginning of the loop again. It means that the loop is slightly over 4 beats long.

Hope that helps
    that's not true. the cdj2000 and others now have quantised looping which gives perfect loops on the fly or from memory points just like traktor.

Tech Mentor

Looks like that whole release party has been financed by Pioneer. I mean, they even have the Pioneer monitors...

I really like the "old" Carl Cox better:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlkBXqG5Uio

thats not old Carl Cox...

if thats old then this is ancient :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KlwHNwyyys
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

That's great and all, but can I dl this somewhere unmixed...?
    alone

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Bob View Post
    that's not true. the cdj2000 and others now have quantised looping which gives perfect loops on the fly or from memory points just like traktor.
    only if it was analysed in Rekordbox. if you just throw it on the USB stick without analysing it acts like that.

You ready for an understatement?

Carl Cox is GOOD.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast