Are post fader fx possible in Traktor - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

The short answer is yes, you can connect a mixtrack pro to an external mixer with post fader effects. I'll do this occasionally with my T1 and Zero 4.

Maybe a better solution however would be a set up like Denon's DN-SC6000 and a DN-X600. Although more expensive than a mixtrack/external mixer (depending on the mixer), you only really need to buy one sc6k, as the controls are layered, and the x600 can be had for 5-600 bucks.
    Last edited by geminimech; 10-24-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

I suggested the SC6k because it would give you platter control and is RELATIVELY inexpensive (but cheap by no means).

Nothing channel specific for me either. It's master only, UNLESS, I decided to use the T1 as an external controller and the Zero's soundcard to handle the audio, which kind of defeats the purpose of the controller. It's why I won't do it often, just when I feel like having post fader effects . I did this previously with my DJM-400 and fasttrack pro on occasion as well.
    Cheers!

If you want to keep it internal, and don't mind not using scratch/vinylcontrol/cdcontrol, and you have acces to ableton live (and a mildly powerful laptop), there is a way ( and a legal one at that! ).
    You need jack audio, in traktor select external mixing, route your channels to jack audio server, in live configure jack audio as input, create 2/4 audio channels, select the inputs according to your traktor, select you mixtrack pro as output master in ableton.
    Create some send fx channels in live, de-map your line faders from traktor, and map them to live's channels, BOOOM, post fader fx (also map your cue listen to the cue option in live, and of course de-map the traktor cross fader and map live's one)
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Wow, I didn't even think about that.

Assuming you have the bits you need, and aren't afraid to do some work getting it set up (it really isn't that bad), it's definitely a way to go!
    Cheers!

^^^That's the dream right thar.

But with control vinyl!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I sold my djm im afraid.

I have a mac book pro, mixtrack pro, ive also got an edirol soundcard that I used with logic and ableton before I got my mixtrack.

In terms of spending money, ive got a bit would prefer to keep it cheap as possible.

It's true i should just get used to the effects in traktor, I've hardly had a play with it yet. Was just a bit gutted when i couldnt slam the reverb and delays!

Thanks for all the help so far.

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    If you want to keep it internal, and don't mind not using scratch/vinylcontrol/cdcontrol, and you have acces to ableton live (and a mildly powerful laptop), there is a way ( and a legal one at that! ).
    You need jack audio, in traktor select external mixing, route your channels to jack audio server, in live configure jack audio as input, create 2/4 audio channels, select the inputs according to your traktor, select you mixtrack pro as output master in ableton.
    Create some send fx channels in live, de-map your line faders from traktor, and map them to live's channels, BOOOM, post fader fx (also map your cue listen to the cue option in live, and of course de-map the traktor cross fader and map live's one)
    This sounds like a good option....need to get my head round it properly though!

I'd need help de-mapping and mapping though lol.

New to all this stuff, im used to 2 turntables and a mixer!

I think it's quite easy to find a coupon for ableton live lite (or whatever the name is of live's le version), and the investment is quite sound i think, the downside being that you'll have three pieces of stuff to make work for you (live, traktor, and jack) as opposed to only one, but it's the price to pay to get these options. If your computer can handle it...
    Also you can output traktor midi clock to live, so you'll always get timed fx ( like delays and stuff). Plus this way you can use live's eq (so you can set the frequency bands and whatnot to what suites you best).
    Aaannnd it's an option you can try right now, download live's demo ( i think only saving is disabled), jack audio (which is free) and try it to see if it's really an option for you.
    macbook pro, technics trntbl, numark pro sm-1, vestax pmc 08 pro, traktor scratch pro 2, akai mpd 24, novation nocturn, vci-100 fw1.4, krk rp5g2 and FBV express mk2

Quote Originally Posted by oneapemob View Post
    I think it's quite easy to find a coupon for ableton live lite (or whatever the name is of live's le version), and the investment is quite sound i think, the downside being that you'll have three pieces of stuff to make work for you (live, traktor, and jack) as opposed to only one, but it's the price to pay to get these options. If your computer can handle it...
    Also you can output traktor midi clock to live, so you'll always get timed fx ( like delays and stuff). Plus this way you can use live's eq (so you can set the frequency bands and whatnot to what suites you best).
    Aaannnd it's an option you can try right now, download live's demo ( i think only saving is disabled), jack audio (which is free) and try it to see if it's really an option for you.
    I already have live mate

And i have a mac book pro so should be powerful enough...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast