SYNC button "don't even use it" AntiLock Breaks and air bag "turning them off"? ???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Gryz View Post
    Thank you!

I am going to start a beatmatching tutorial with videos or something like that here soon when I have some more time. Figure it will be interesting for a lot of people. I always like watching people beatmatch. In fact, it's my favorite part of playing sets believe it or not.

I get a warm tingle in my hangdown every time I beatmatch and I hear that instant when the two tracks come together for the very first time just right. Like virgin sex to my ears!
    its funny you say that, my friend is a pioneer DJ (progressive house) and he loves keeping records in sync. He said the same that it gives him a buzz

also i find if i hit the sync button i have had no respect for the mix and might just throw the tune in. With beatmatching i alway 'respected the setting up time' if that makes any sense. so i would apply a little extra care when mixing if they had been hard to match?

Tech Wizard

Sync isn't necessarily a bad thing, but a lot of the times I've seen it makes the dj lazy or leads into a complete overkill on using fx and loops, thus ruining a perfectly good track that'd work on its own a lot better. Plus I have more trust in my ear than a phasemeter that is relative to another track, not the master tick. A friend of mine was introduced to vci-100 by me and since that used sync in justabout everything, warned him not to trust it too much and oopsydaisy- next thing I hear are beats from 2 songs clipping and next trainwrecking when traktor decided to change the phase on the incoming track.

For a busy 4 tech techno set/ mashup galore? Yes, well preset sync is very good for it. For everything? No. For a basic mix, I'd start the track snapped and then immediately turn off the sync and finetune it with ear. All the loop rolls, beatmatched fx etc. works, still eliminating the chance of software having a bad day.

My 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    A lot of the guys hating on traktor and sync are using SSL lining up their vertical waveforms complainging that we can hit a button while they have to use their skills to manually match the BPM displays and nudge the waveforms so they line up.

if they like their pitch adjustments and waveform lining up I don't bother to argue
    I've always thought this! Fucking Serato snobs!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

I agree on it leads to over-use of effects tho...

beatmasher! so much beatmasher!

Tech Mentor

Using sync for BPM is useful, not for keeping your tracks in time. Doing that takes max 10 seconds... Or just press play on the right time . I use rekordbox to analyze my songs, set the bpm on both of my players the same, then phasematch them by ear. When i want to add samples, or extra songs then i use Traktor. With traktor i also pahsematch by ear, it is so easy! Learned it in about a week

Quote Originally Posted by DJMM View Post
    I agree on it leads to over-use of effects tho...

beatmasher! so much beatmasher!
    Beatmasher is sexy as fuck though!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    A lot of the guys hating on traktor and sync are using SSL lining up their vertical waveforms complainging that we can hit a button while they have to use their skills to manually match the BPM displays and nudge the waveforms so they line up.

if they like their pitch adjustments and waveform lining up I don't bother to argue
    Gods, it's the same with CD-DJs who hate on everything MDI. They just match up the BPM-readout and nudge the platter. That sort of attitude just pisses me off. I've even had someone go "Digital DJing sucks, analogue is much better, I only spin CDs"... -.-
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

why did you edit out your entire first post?
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

The other reason I like beatmatching is because it fills the void where I don't use much to do. I let my songs play out for almost their entirety so it's nice to use that time to match.
    CDJ400s, Ecler Nuo, XD 53
    KRK RP8sFG

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    why did you edit out your entire first post?
    I was receiving 'hate' from a few regulars and MODS about bringing up the SYNC issue in an off hand way. Some of them were MODS!. I don't want to speak about it too much. But basically stupid you tube and gifs derailing the thread.

It's not in the rules not to mention SYNC, but i feel it is best if i keep it to a minimum from now on.

the thread then got moved to off topic after they had finished posting silly gifs and youtube clips.

I complained and it was reinstated from the OT section.

I then made another post asking if DJTT had become 'elitist'. They are posting on that thread if you are interested who they are.

--

Anyway back to SYNC :eek:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast