Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 109
Page 109 of 113 FirstFirst ... 95999105106107108109110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1126

Well it's a quite night at my gig right now, the 40 deg day here in Melbourne might have something to do with it!

So I've got access to our store demo 2013 MacBook Pro 13" Retina, and so I got to my gig early and plugged it into the same gear as listed above (both have identical library, OS, drivers & Traktor settings) ... played a few tracks to myself and got momentary screen freezes and audio drops ...

Looks like the USB3 thing still isn't fixed, will submit my log file to the Xone guys

Back to using my 2.5 year old MacBook Air for the gig ...

I hope the USB3 thing gets sorted soon, I would actually like to upgrade my laptop this year but it looks like I'll have this old thing for a while yet, and besides, Traktor only uses around 30% of one thread in Activity Monitor with my MBA, and the brand-new MBPr is about 40% ... probably a topic for another thread!

Regarding the "Traktor Reported Latency" compared to other soundcards/mixers, I'm going to have to do some real testing with simultaneous I/O from a fixed source, through the DB2 and TA10 (for example), and record each output to compare the offset of waveforms ... It's the only real way to see if it's real or just a figure that NI have stuck into Traktor. To me the "192 Samples" setting on the DB2 feels the same as 192 on the TA10 and DJM850/900.
    Main Gig Comp - MacBook Air 11" 1.3GHz i5, 4GB, 512GB, OS X 10.12.6
    Gig Gear - TSP 2.6.8 & 2.11.2, Kontrol X1mk2 (x2), D2 (x2), S5, Xone:92, Xone:PX5, CDJ-2000 (x2), DDJ-XP1 ... Rekordbox DJ 5 with a few packs ...
    Plenty of studio gear and not enough time ... and a few Nexo PA systems

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by frankle View Post
    Regarding the "Traktor Reported Latency" compared to other soundcards/mixers, I'm going to have to do some real testing with simultaneous I/O from a fixed source, through the DB2 and TA10 (for example), and record each output to compare the offset of waveforms ... It's the only real way to see if it's real or just a figure that NI have stuck into Traktor. To me the "192 Samples" setting on the DB2 feels the same as 192 on the TA10 and DJM850/900.
    You should get the same latency figure from any software using the audio driver, so I doubt it's something NI have influence over. A real-world test would be interesting to see though.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Default Xone DB4 connect to Mac to record DJ Sets in Audacity

i am trying to record my dj sets in audacity

i connect the xone DB4 to my mac mini via usb and it is listed in audio midi and system preferences.
    i am running latest drivers and osx mavericks.

the problem i have is i am still not getting a level signal at all.

If I go to System Preferences then sound no music signal is shown by bars in input when i select xone and also says the selected device has no input controls. is this why audacity is not working as it is not getting an audio signal?

Have i missed something straight forward?
    Last edited by andycalder; 02-17-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Default Xone DB4 User Reviews?!

Hello Everybody.

I'm new to this forum.
    This is a great thread and I read every page of it

I’m a Traktor DJ, I play mostly deep/funky/disco house and currently use a TA2 with a Xone 42 (love the Xone mixers) & X1 as my setup.

I’m looking to upgrade my mixer to the Xone DB4 as I’d like to use the internal soundcard for 4 deck Traktor mixing plus benefit from the amazing studio FX (Mark EG’s fx demo pretty much sold this mixer to me) and sweet A&H filters.

After searching the internet forums for the last few months I see that many users experience serious software (drivers/usb3) and quality issues with their DB4/2 mixers – however these seem to date back to 2013 and its now 2015 so perhaps these have been addressed.

I was thinking about getting the TA10 in case DB4 sound-card still has some driver issues at this time. This is not the ideal solution (at this price) but I still believe the mixer performs better then the DJM 900 (which I also had on my wishlist).

So with this in mind I have a few questions to Xone DB4 (and perhaps DB2) owners:

1. Are there any current (2015) known issues with the DB4/2 audio interface, Traktor latency? I currently use the Windows 7 Laptop with usb2 with no issues and plan to upgrade to Win8/usb3 (or higher).

2. Are there any hardware/ build quality issues?

3. Are the DB4 FXs PFL?

I’m planning to purchase the DB4 in early April – are there any audio tests I should do immediately after purchase to check that everything is in order before the 10 day return policy (UK) runs out (the mixer is a handful for someone switching from a Xone 42).

I very much appreciate any information from fellow xone users regarding the DB4 (or DB2). It’s a lot of cash so wanna make sure I’m making the right choice. My heart is set on the DB4!

Thanks!

Is anyone using Serato DJ Club Kit with their DB4 yet?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Anybody using the latest firmware? Questioning whether I should upgrade given things mostly work fine at the moment...
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Yes. Well worth it for the filters.

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Is anyone using Serato DJ Club Kit with their DB4 yet?
    Just set it up on the 14 day trial and seems to work perfectly. That said, I've got CDJ HID issues with SDJ so if anyone can help pls check my latest thread!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Just set it up on the 14 day trial and seems to work perfectly. That said, I've got CDJ HID issues with SDJ so if anyone can help pls check my latest thread!
    I've used it since the club kit first came out, works great

Tech Convert

Default Is it possible to send the detected BPM/clock to Ableton?

I have some CDJs and turntables connected to the DB2. The DB2 accurately detects the BPM of what I am playing. Is it possible to have the DB2 (DB4) send the detected clock/pattern to Ableton Live 9. I know that it's possible to send a fixed BPM clock (not the one the mixer has detected) from the mixer to Ableton, but I would like to send the detected clock/pattern. I also know that it's possible to setup the CDJs and turntables in Traktor or Serato (using timecode for vinyl) and then sync Traktor and Serato with Ableton, but I would like to avoid this, if possible.