Xone: DB4- the official unofficial thread - Page 105
Page 105 of 113 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1126

Hi

Was hoping you guys could clear something up for me about my DB4.

When I cue up Channel A in my headphone adjustments to the ISO/EQ/Filter comes through on the headphones, but does not for Channels B, C and D.

Have I missed a setting on the other channels or is this correct? (for mic settings maybe?)

Find it really handy in Channel A!

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I have scoured the net for an answer!!

Thanks very much for your help.

uncletones

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by uncletones View Post
    Hi

Was hoping you guys could clear something up for me about my DB4.

When I cue up Channel A in my headphone adjustments to the ISO/EQ/Filter comes through on the headphones, but does not for Channels B, C and D.

Have I missed a setting on the other channels or is this correct? (for mic settings maybe?)

Find it really handy in Channel A!

Apologies if this has been asked and answered before. I have scoured the net for an answer!!

Thanks very much for your help.

uncletones
    Do you have your FX settings setup correctly? Make sure it's set to EQ: Pre Fx

Since there isn't an "Official Unofficial DB2 Thread", I thought I would ask my question here since there is a lot of shared functionality between the DB2 and DB4. However, it's my understanding that the DB4 doesn't have Cascade mode, but maybe some of you can still help me.

Whenever I put my DB2 in Cascade mode, I am able to route audio through effects engine X THEN through effects engine Y. However, according to the manual, it should still be possible to only access a single effects engine (Y) in Cascade Mode:

"In cascade mode, any channel routed to FX-X can be processed by both engines, but the single effect on
    the FX-Y engine can still be accessed by routing the channel to Y."

This isn't the case, though. When I put the DB2 in Cascade mode and route a channel to Y, it is still processed by both FX engines. Also, using the filter knob for X will alter the sound.

Is there a way to truly bypass engine X in Cascade Mode, as advertised? I've tried to get some help from the Xone forum and through Allen & Heath, but I've received no response. Thanks for any insight.

^^ I think you might be confused. If you only want the single effect of Y, why are you cascading? The whole purpose of cascading is to chain X & Y effects together.

What the manual is trying to say, is that you can still assign a channel to the single effect on Y while cascading another channel to X and Y.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by Paka Ono; 08-05-2013 at 12:55 AM.

The whole reason Im in this thread, is because I was at a friends last night and got to spend a decent amount of time messing around with his DB4 and man it's pretty damn sweet. If I had the budget I would def own one.

My only complaint is that I wish the sampler could hold 8 or 16 beats. 4 beats doesn't seem like enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Paka Ono View Post
    ^^ I think you might be confused. If you only want the single effect of Y, why are you cascading? The whole purpose of cascading is to chain X & Y effects together.

What the manual is trying to say, is that you can still assign a channel to the single effect on Y while cascading another channel to X and Y.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for the input, but that's exactly how I interpreted it as well, but it doesn't actually work that way.

Let's say I want channel 1 to cascade from effect X to Y, but I want channel 2 to only use effect Y. Well, I have to turn on Cascade Mode in the global menu first. If I route channel 1 to effect X, it behaves as expected by going through the X engine and then the Y engine. However, if I route channel 2 to Y, it still goes through X first. In fact, any channel routed to either effect will route from X to Y, so I actually can't just do what the manual says.

If I don't turn Cascade Mode on in the menu, then I can access each effect engine individually, but can no longer cascade. The manual, as you also interpreted, makes it sound like I should be able to access only a single effect engine even when Cascade mode is on simply by routing to Y only. But that's not how it's working.

My only complaint is that I wish the sampler could hold 8 or 16 beats. 4 beats doesn't seem like enough.
    Agreed - I wonder if that has been suggested as a firmware update; I would assume it's possible and probably pretty easy to do.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Whenever I put my DB2 in Cascade mode, I am able to route audio through effects engine X THEN through effects engine Y.
    The DB4 REALLY needs this option.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Thanks for the input, but that's exactly how I interpreted it as well, but it doesn't actually work that way.

Let's say I want channel 1 to cascade from effect X to Y, but I want channel 2 to only use effect Y. Well, I have to turn on Cascade Mode in the global menu first. If I route channel 1 to effect X, it behaves as expected by going through the X engine and then the Y engine. However, if I route channel 2 to Y, it still goes through X first. In fact, any channel routed to either effect will route from X to Y, so I actually can't just do what the manual says.

If I don't turn Cascade Mode on in the menu, then I can access each effect engine individually, but can no longer cascade. The manual, as you also interpreted, makes it sound like I should be able to access only a single effect engine even when Cascade mode is on simply by routing to Y only. But that's not how it's working.
    Ahhh...

Does changing FX routing between Pre/Post fade have any effect on this issue?

http://youtu.be/qcKycHHHJj0?t=3m8s

I am pretty sure it does: 1-= 4 beats / 2- = 8 beats / 4- = 16 beats (in the LED display)

I'm not in front of the mixer to test if it does anything otherwise, but I am pretty sure its functional as listed above. Now if we could get it to do a phrase, I'd be pretty happy!
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________