Traktor Pro 2 XY Pad mapping
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor Pro 2 XY Pad mapping

Ok, So I managed to set uop the cue points on my Korg Nanopad Original (Like a lot of folks, mine arrived dead, so I had to rip it apart and separate the pads), that was easy.

I am so frustrated at not being able to get the XY pad to sound though! I say sound, because when I run my finger over it, I see the FX unit engaging, however, it doesn't alter the sound of the track! I feel like Im so close, but am just missing something! Any help would be much appreciated, even if it's a snap shot of what your mapping looks like. EVEN if it's a NanoPad2 - That would be easy to alter, as I could juts delete the extra hotcues, right?

Pleas help!

Many thanks,
    Dan

you mapped the pad to control the amount of two effects, i guess?
    sounds to me like the dry/wet of the FX is set to 0..
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

Ah I see what you're saying about the wet/dry. I have since mapped that to the pitch bend so it comes on upon pressing the xy. Only thing is, when I take my finger off, the effect goes to 50% rather than zero!

Also, the effect just seems to be a layered sound (gator and drive), eater than affecting the actuall deck playing...

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Maybe this is dumb question but have you engaged /fx unit on/ buttons at mixer section?

Not a dumb question at all! I'm very new to mapping, so you're right on to check the basics! When I get home I'll check, and update accordingly.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    Maybe this is dumb question but have you engaged /fx unit on/ buttons at mixer section?
    not dumb, cause it's probably that.. gater + drive make a noisy gated sound on their own even if the deck is stopped.
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

I don't mind the effect happening when the deck is stopped, that could be fun to play around with, I just want it to affect the song when the deck is playing too! Right now, it seems to be working independently of any deck playing.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danengland View Post
    when I take my finger off, the effect goes to 50% rather than zero!
    When you say it goes to 50%, do you mean for dry/wet or fx amounts?

It looks like fx amounts. They are the only dials that move. I'll double check when I get back home

Tech Convert

Excuse me..new to this...what do you mean when you said you have rip it apart and separate the pads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast