APC40 Midi Mapping Documentation and Resource - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

This is an invaluable resource for APC40 owners!

I will say though that I feel dumb mode is easier for mapping purposes, no need to add send monitor state commands trims some fat from your mapping, not to mention you get an extra row of 9 buttons to map! I used them for some fun instant press beatmashing/lfo values... (ala the midifighter)

Who really needs more than 17 encoders anyways? (Especially for those who mix externally) My mapping with 2 decks and 4 fx units works perfectly without the need for additional banks

Tech Mentor

Thank you guys for appreciating the work to build this resource and submissions. I hope to see all your APC Mappings on the boards. If you find anything new or something I may not have covered please post it. This post has helped people from making the same mistakes we made while learning MIDI and specifictly APC MIdi Mapping.

I just sent a forum user a message on how he did some pretty neat stuff with his APC40 which I will share once I get the info.

I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge, but I am in no way a guru

The APC40 really is (in my opinion) one of the most versatile, reliable, and just plain useful pieces of gear I have had my hands on. It's a fantastic compliment to any musicians arsenal.

Tech Mentor

Goona revisit this post and add some stuff to it.

Tech Student

Hi,
    This is my first post here-I have perhaps a strange question...
    Is it possible to have the APC change the color of the LED based on the color of the clip? IE, could I have white clips in Ableton light the yellow LEDs?

I ask because I have dummy clips that I'd like to have as a different color on my APC to quickly know where I am...

Quote Originally Posted by defektedtoy View Post
    I just sent a forum user a message on how he did some pretty neat stuff with his APC40 which I will share once I get the info.

I will answer any questions to the best of my knowledge, but I am in no way a guru

The APC40 really is (in my opinion) one of the most versatile, reliable, and just plain useful pieces of gear I have had my hands on. It's a fantastic compliment to any musicians arsenal.
    Agreed!

I think everyone suffers from that first round purchase when they decide to go digital.
    I know I got the VCI100 and love it, but soon found i was kinda locked in.

Then I got the APC40...and WOW....it was sick.
    Got the 20 a bit later and make the APC80.

I am confident that while the companies bring out a new controller every couple months, my APC will still be good enough and versatile enough for me to keep using it for a few more years.

If I get bored of it, i remap it. As it is, I have about 6 maps for differing situations and scenario's.

Really is a awesome device if you not into jog wheels.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12