APC40 Midi Mapping Documentation and Resource
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default APC40 Midi Mapping Documentation and Resource

Hope this will help. I will be creating a Youtube walkthrough series on how to map different type of LED adn Rings.

Type of LED Functions.
    0=off,
    1=green,
    2=green blink,
    3=red,
    4=red blink,
    5=yellow,
    6=yellow blink,
    7-127=green,

Type of LED Ring Functions
    0=off,
    1=Single,
    2=Volume Style,
    3=Pan Style,
    4-127=Single

Ring LED Just add + 8 to the current CC#.

ex. So for Chanel 1 | CC48 | in Traktor use Channel 1 | CC55 |

Note: To my understanding there is 3 versions of the APC40 MIDI. The version I have is US_Version.JPG

to go with that.... here's an apc40 device file for midimasher that Onimode created: midimasher.djism.com/lua/devices/apc40.lua

edit: thought u had some there that were missing in the mm config, but seems i didn't read it properly

Code:
    -- clip launch grid LED colors
    apc40.clip_off = 0
    apc40.clip_green = 1
    apc40.clip_red = 3
    apc40.clip_yellow = 5
    apc40.clip_greenflash = 2
    apc40.clip_redflash = 4
    apc40.clip_yellowflash = 6

-- generic button LEDs
    ---- blink only applies to CLIP STOP and SCENE LAUNCH buttons
    ---- all other buttons use on/off (incl. ACTIVATOR, SOLO, and ARM)
    apc40.button_off = 0
    apc40.button_on = 1
    apc40.button_blink = 2

-- knob LED ring types
    ---- applies to both track and device knobs
    apc40.knob_off = 0
    apc40.knob_single = 1
    apc40.knob_volume = 2
    apc40.knob_pan = 3
    i wouldn't mind an apc40 for production stuff at home etc sometime... nice set of controls on it.
    Last edited by zestoi; 10-17-2011 at 06:11 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    to go with that.... here's an apc40 device file for midimasher that Onimode created: midimasher.djism.com/lua/devices/apc40.lua

edit: thought u had some there that were missing in the mm config, but seems i didn't read it properly

Code:
    -- clip launch grid LED colors
    apc40.clip_off = 0
    apc40.clip_green = 1
    apc40.clip_red = 3
    apc40.clip_yellow = 5
    apc40.clip_greenflash = 2
    apc40.clip_redflash = 4
    apc40.clip_yellowflash = 6

-- generic button LEDs
    ---- blink only applies to CLIP STOP and SCENE LAUNCH buttons
    ---- all other buttons use on/off (incl. ACTIVATOR, SOLO, and ARM)
    apc40.button_off = 0
    apc40.button_on = 1
    apc40.button_blink = 2

-- knob LED ring types
    ---- applies to both track and device knobs
    apc40.knob_off = 0
    apc40.knob_single = 1
    apc40.knob_volume = 2
    apc40.knob_pan = 3
    i wouldn't mind an apc40 for production stuff at home etc sometime... nice set of controls on it.

midimasher .....this for Live or Traktor?

**Edit**...found your link.

Last edited by sarasin; 10-19-2011 at 11:04 AM.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    midimasher .....this for Live or Traktor?

**Edit**...found your link.

cool lol. it's for anything and any controllers. new controllers just need a simple(ish) config file. it's pc only at the moment tho - until i get access to a mac or something to compile/test on.

edit: my own mappings in midimasher have been pretty traktor-centric tho it just sends/receives midi so can be used for any app. i will be experimenting more with ableton tho soon - esp as i only have live5 which doesn't have native support for the launchpad or scripting (?) so i need to add the support i need in via midimasher. muffintop has been using midimasher with ableton tho.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post

Got that information from this PDF here. Also contains some information regarding the three different modes of the APC40 (Generic, Ableton, and "Dumb").
    apc40 | ableton | ath-sj33
    deviantART | SoundCloud | facebook
    SKRILLEX IS THE BEST TECHNO DJ EVER!!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Tech Mentor

Origional Poster "defektedtoy"
    Tech Wizard

How to create VU meters

For those of you wanting to do this as well, I couldn't get the scene launch buttons to be any color other than green so i made a dual channel VU meter in channels 3 and 6 of my apc40.

HOW TO:

You can create either a left and right master out VU, or just one overall meter.

to do this click:

file> controller manager> add out> output> master level (or master level right/left)

Instead of being able to use the "learn" function to map which button you want to light up, with outputs you have to select it manually. Everyone has different ways of doing this, i just do a quick:

add in> modifier> modifier #8> learn

to figure out what the midi map is for each key then write them down then delete the new "in modifier #8" i just made.

The controller range is like the level at which the LED will turn on.

For instance with a range of [min .2 max 1] my bottom most LED will light up faster, and with lower volume than my top most LED which has a range of [min .98 max 1] which takes a higher volume to light up.

The midi range determines what color the LED is and how it behaves (blinking, color switching etc).

There are quite a few guides on dealing with the LED's on the apc40, but I'll just explain what I have used here. 0 = off 1 = green 5 = amber and 3 = red.

From topmost LED to bottom mine looks like this essentially

Code:
    COLOR Controller range
    [min 0 max 3] RED [min .98 max 1]
    [min 0 max 5] AMBER [min .8 max 1]
    [min 0 max 1] GREEN [min .6 max 1]
    [min 0 max 1] GREEN [min .4 max 1]
    [min 0 max 1] GREEN [min .2 max 1]So here you can see that when there is no volume, no LED's are lit up, (min 0) very low volume lights the bottom LED a value of .2 until that volume is surpassed (it's minimum controller range number), making it solid (it's maximum controller range number) and continues on like that, in this case up the tree.

You can play around with the ranges and colors to find something you like. I just wanted to have a nice flashy visual cue for my clipping levels.

I hope this helps people, I will try to answer any questions you guys ask, although be forewarned, I just started messing with this stuff so I'm not exactly a guru or anything, but with the help of a few other forum members I was able to figure this stuff out.

Tech Mentor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW4p6lSHy0g No Dumb mode Fix,Track selection light should always be on "Master Track" and your mapping will be stable. NO Dumb Mode allows you to map 7 additional banks. In dumb mode you only get to map 1 bank.

Tech Mentor

Tech Mentor

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...766#post379766 APC40 Questions asked and My TSI for the APC40 link.

Tech Convert

Just got an APC40 and I know I'm late to the party but just wanted to say thanks for all the info/tips hrtbrkd!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast