Mappings and multiple controllers
    Tech Mentor

Default Mappings and multiple controllers

So... Here's a big ask I have.

Do you use different mappings for all the combinations of devices you own or do you use always the same mapping on your controllers?

I ask it now I have all my controllers functional (except my vms4 wich will go back to Thomann for a soundcard issue).

I plan to use my vms4, my lpd8, my midifighter (and maybe my nanokontrol2...) together.

I imagine I'll have to adapt all my mapping in fuction of all the gear combination I might use :
    a vms4+midifighter.tsi, a lpd8+nanokontrol2.tsi, a ldp8+vms4.tsi, and so on...

Do you guys (and girls) write or adapt your mappings for all your stuff combinations or do you use for the better or worse?

Do you have some advices about those kinds of minor rewritting? Do you practice those kind of adaptation?

GO!
    Just friday @ soundcloud| Samurai.fm | facebook
    Setup : Dual booted Alienware M11X : Ubuntu Studio : Mixxx 1.11 + ubuntustudio/Windows 7:Traktor pro 2+Reason
    Custom Mappings for this devices : Xone K2, Xone DB2, Technics mk2, Akai Ldp8, Midifighter Classic, Korg Nanokontrol 2, American Audio VMS4, Axiom 25, Kaossilator Pro

Tech Mentor

I actually map a lot of the same things to each device. For example, I have the basic transport and sync controls on my MF and VCI-100, I can browse from my X1 or VCI, and I have a phase monitor LED on both my X1 and MF. These are just a few of the redundancies I use so that if I do a gig that forces me to drop ANY of the controllers, I'll still be alright. It's also nice if I choose to pack light one night. I've done plenty of gigs without the X1, as I use it primarily for Sample decks, and that's not a must-have all the time. Likewise, I like having my VCI for JogFX and scratching, but if I'm doing a straight-forward gig that is more or less play-through, I don't need to carry that around, but I still have my MF for effects and transport control.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube