What should I buy? Twitch or Kontrol S2? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Edit: sorry I got slicer and loop roll mixed up! DX does NOT have the slicer lol

DX for $599: http://www.uniquesquared.com/catalog...ult/?q=xone+dx

Gluck deciding man!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 10-09-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Tech Convert

I'm in the same boat - I want to upgrade to a more intermediate controller, and it's these two, to decide between.

I've had a mess around with the Twitch, and I loved the software's performance, the build quality, and uniqueness. However, some features were lacking, such as effects, only 2 decks, I'm so used to Jogwheels, I was kind of longing for them, and that the sample player seemed as if it was thrown in without much thought. Interestingly, I thought the sound card was great, although since I was in a store, I couldn't exactly crank it to discover it's full performance. Also, Serato's whitelabel.net service is fantastic!

I've never played with the S2, but judging from the S4, it's nice, chunky and solid. The best integration possible from a controller and traktor, and probably the better option for doing crazy, controllerist stuff. The kontrol series are also pretty solid at standard mix tools as well, most features you want from traktor are easily accessible, even on the S2, and you always have the option to add an additional controller, perhaps an X1 or midi fighter?

This is a really tough choice, the S2 has more features and uses, but the features of Twitch are so unique, and totally sweet.

hmmm.

Tech Wizard

I'll be switching from dx to twitch. Dx is a fairly good quality controller with some flaws on a limited number of units and a&h are being fair about the issues at hand. So if you want a solid, basic controller for itch it's a good choice. Just that its not what I want right now. Twitch and vci-400 for me since I like to make fast switches and drop a sample every now and then. S4 is cheaply built and twitch seems actually more durable that NI's S2 or S4 despite of the price, otherwise I'd be going for those.
    Last edited by Fubar; 10-10-2011 at 02:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12