MF Classic, TP2: Custom Deckalized/InstantGrad+more (with description and layouts)
    Tech Mentor

Default MF Classic, TP2: Custom Deckalized/InstantGrad+more (with video & pics)

Hey everyone! I've been working on this one for a while, and now it's finally done, labels, layout sketch, and all.

The Attached files are 2 jpegs that have the layout (what I believe to be completely) described. One is labeled "Normal Layer" (self explanatory), and the other is "Cue Juggle Layer", which is what becomes active in, you guessed it, Cue Juggle Mode (entered the same way as in the original Deckalized Focus mapping). If there are any questions, or errors you may find in the pictures, PLEASE let me know so I can fix and repost.

As for the TSI, it contains only the MF mappings, so import it as an individual controller. Theoretically any effects you use with this mapping should automatically load...here's hoping. haha. The differences from the original DJTT Deckalized Focus Mapping are as follows:

• NO SAMPLER/SLICER (sorry)
    • DelayT3 and Freeze Delay do NOT create their own parameter values when engaged (I've mapped knobs on my X1 to adjust delay times, etc., so if you set values you like, they should stay.)
    • Dual Mash Mode is replaced with Multi Mash, which means if more than 1 BeatMash button is held down, BeatMasher is locked on until manually turned off (kinda like playing with the slicer, for any of you who didn't like that I changed that part).
    • Effects do not automatically assign themselves to the active deck only. Instead, there is a method of assigning them each to any of the 4 decks (described in the text on the side of the attached layouts). This may cut down on instant usage capability, but allows for greater flexibility with what you use your effects for. For example, you could be using the Delay T3 on deck A's a'capella, the Filter and BeatMasher (same FX Unit) on Deck B for a house beat, and the Freeze Delay on Deck C's samples. Once I got past the confusion of "Why isn't anything happening?!", I became very found of the idea, and I'm glad I stuck with it.
    • MY FAVORITE: "The Brake" ...holding down the 4 BeatMasher buttons in decending order kicks in the TTFX at a preset value (inspired by the Instant Gratification mapping). Releasing them returns the effect to normal state instantly.
    • Deck A&B Filters (from the mixer section)
    • Some minor changes in the way the Play/Pause/CUP button works
    • Finally (I think), LED indication for which deck is active (super useful, for those of us who only have 1 MF), and the active deck's phase status (pretty much a tempo click, if your grid is set properly)

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTugwzYN4q8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xTugwzYN4q8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

(Not sure if that's gonna work. If not, check out the tutorial here.

Forgot to mention it in the video, but notice the LED click next to the Cue button.

So uh....yeah, I think that's everything. Feedback is always very welcome. Any ideas or requests for changes will be considered, and I have no problem posting versions with 1 or 2 of the changes "unmade", if it's an easy enough fix. Thanks for taking the time to check it out, and please let me know what you think!

-dB
    Last edited by DJ_dB; 11-03-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

Follow my Mod Projects and More on Facebook and Youtube

Tech Mentor

Working out a few bugs currently. Anybody else try it and have feedback?
    17" MBP, TP2, X1, MF Classic (soon to be custom), Custom VCI-100, Oxygen 25, Guitar Hero Guitar (inspired by DJTT!), MBox 3 (overkill, but swapping to Audio2)

gonna try this one! Sounds awesome!!
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rutierut View Post
    gonna try this one! Sounds awesome!!
    NICE! If you have any requests for small changes you'd like to make (or make yourself) let me know! I've actually done some tweaking myself to it this week, and may upload the new one soon. (no functionality change, just a couple glitches like buttons working on release instead of down...and LEDs)

This one is awesome!!!! No complains at all, but how the f*ck dit you mapped the led that flashes on the beat????
    MF Pro & Spectra | Kontrol S4 MKI | 2x Kontrol S1 MKI | MC-1000 | Generic MKI

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by rutierut View Post
    how the f*ck dit you mapped the led that flashes on the beat????
    Beat Phase Monitor at Controller Range 0 only (keeps it nice and short)

Tech Mentor

Exclamation

Edit: Video is now HERE

Tech Mentor

Exclamation New TSI!!!

Ok, so I'm kind of an idiot...I accidentally deleted the tsi that was on here before, because I fixed some bugs in it, but I also realized that I changed it to only be Deck A/B focus (because I now use my X1 in a custom sample deck configuration for C/D)...Sorry to those who were interested in all 4 decks. If you try out the A/B version and like the way it functions, let me know and I can get a 4 Deck version together with the fixed bugs as well...
    Last edited by DJ_dB; 11-03-2011 at 09:27 AM. Reason: typo

Tech Convert

Nice mapping, where's link? The one that's there is not active. Thanks

Tech Mentor

See the comment right above yours.