Glitchy BPM readout in Scratch

Default Glitchy BPM readout in Scratch

Hey so I bought the Traktor Scratch upgrade for my S4 and my BPM readout is really sketchy. It is constantly fluttering and even messing with the tempo. Sometimes speeding up and sometimes slowing down. Is there any way to dial this thing in so I get a consistent readout?

Tech Guru

under preferences/decks, change it from bpm/tempo to stable bpm/stable tempo. What you are picking up is the flutter of the tables. If it's really bad then check your tables,needles,records

Cool so I got my BPM readout working well but there def is a lot of flutter going on... Records are brand new and the problem is on both decks... Any ideas?

Tech Guru

To have some flutter is completely normal and expected. The amount depends a lot on what type oftable among other things that I mentioned before. I use tech 1200's which are regarded as one of the best tables for the least amount of wow and flutter, but my pitch constantly flutters in scratch pro. We're talking about increments of .01%. Thats nothing though. It's more in your head than anything else cause you're seeing the pitch constantly changing on the software, you will never actually hear it or hear two tracks drifting at that little of an amount.