midi fighter mapping to NOT use load sample from loop recorder

Default midi fighter mapping to NOT use load sample from loop recorder

hi,

i have mapped my midi fighter top two rows of 8 buttons to correspond with triggering play for samples loaded into the 8 sample deck slots. during a gig i left the last 2 sample slots empty, and accidentally hit one of the last two midi fighter buttons and with no sample loaded it automatically loaded a recorded loop into the empty slot. i don't want that to happen ever. is there a way to disable that mode?? would be awesome, i looked a bit on here but was somewhat at a loss for exactly what to search for. thanks.
    2011 macbook pro 15.4 2ghz i7 / traktor pro 2.1.1 /s4 controller / midi fighter classic

also if it helps this is a screenshot of my current midi fighter mapping:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...2&d=1317520231

there must be a way to make it ONLY play samples and not also auto load loops when pressed.
    2011 macbook pro 15.4 2ghz i7 / traktor pro 2.1.1 /s4 controller / midi fighter classic

Quote Originally Posted by crucialsplash View Post
    also if it helps this is a screenshot of my current midi fighter mapping:

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...2&d=1317520231

there must be a way to make it ONLY play samples and not also auto load loops when pressed.
    i didn't realise that was the behaviour of "play primary" but seems to be... maybe use "trigger" instead? plenty of other start/stop type controls u could map:

* slot_start_stop
    * sample_play_primary
    * sample_play_secondary
    * slot_mute_unmute
    * sample_trigger
    * slot_retrigger

not sure which will give the behaviour you are after. proabably just set them to unmuted and then trigger on one button or something?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

thanks for the idea. i can't even find a mode called sample_play to assign anywhere, however i tried remapping using deck_play, and this seems to do the trick. are most of those assignments you mentioned in a different version of traktor? i'm using pro 2.1.1 and don't see any of those assignment options.

Quote Originally Posted by crucialsplash View Post
    thanks for the idea. i can't even find a mode called sample_play to assign anywhere, however i tried remapping using deck_play, and this seems to do the trick. are most of those assignments you mentioned in a different version of traktor? i'm using pro 2.1.1 and don't see any of those assignment options.
    they're the names i give to them in my midimasher config file, "sample_play_primary" is just that one u used before, called "play primary" i think in the traktor editor? it needs to be obvious just from the name for me what each is for - i forgot to fudge the names when posting tho.

and yep i'm using the latest tp2. tho not 100% sure the latest upgrade was good or bad...

i hadn't tried just the "sample_play" ones before - just added to my tsi and config file. i'd been using the slot trigger ones. i guess i should read about how all these various sample start/stop controls differ from each other...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"