Xone: K2 Thread - Page 11
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Xone: K2 Thread

I just kinda assumed they wouldn't. It seems odd that a piece of gear that is designed to be completely modular would have pots that click since there are very few applications that would suit pots that do so.

However, since you say that the 1D etc have pots that click I am a little more optimistic!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    I just kinda assumed they wouldn't. It seems odd that a piece of gear that is designed to be completely modular would have pots that click since there are very few applications that would suit pots that do so.

However, since you say that the 1D etc have pots that click I am a little more optimistic!
    I've only really seen pots that don't click on small stuff like the AKAI LPD8.

What wouldn't you want a center click for on a DJ controller? I guess you don't need it on traktor's FX but the S4, S2, and X1 still have them and I wouldn't have it any other way. Even the filter resonance knobs on the Xone 4D had center click which was a little odd since I didn't remember them on the 92.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Definitely. Or I wish they just had RCAs in the back in addition to an 1/8" in front on that channel. I really wish that it woud merge the soundcards if you connect two through Xlink but somehow I doubt it.
    You will be able to aggregate soundcards with Xlink. Not sure if that applies to two K2s but definitely to K2+DBx
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

There are only 2 applications you'd want a clicking pot- EQ and a filter that has both high and low pass. A clicking pot would be retarded for every other application, such as effects params, synth params, volumes, pans, etcetc. 90% of the time I'd be pissed off if a controller I bought has a clicking pot.

Still now that I look it does say DJ controller. This does bode well

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    There are only 2 applications you'd want a clicking pot- EQ and a filter that has both high and low pass. A clicking pot would be retarded for every other application, such as effects params, synth params, volumes, pans, etcetc. 90% of the time I'd be pissed off if a controller I bought has a clicking pot.

Still now that I look it does say DJ controller. This does bode well
    Retarded? The X1 clicks on the effects knobs just like on the S4 and S2 and I love it like that personally. It's not necessary but I like that the little click gives you a mental idea of the knob position and I would much much rather have a click and not need it then not have one when it is totally necessary. Having it and not needing it is no big deal, but to not have it when you want it can be a deal breaker.

Why? What's the advantage? The click signifies a value of zero and with anything other than EQ and filter that would be turned all the way to the left. A click would provide absolutely no benefit since you have no reason to want it in that exact position.

I dare say the X1 features it purely for potential remapping reasons.

Tech Wizard

I think yall might be thinking of two different types of clicking actions, personally I hate rotary encoders that have indents all the way around, I feel like I have finer control without them.... though I could be wrong, an indent in the middle is nice though for eqs sand filters and such

Tech Mentor

So i have to big questions...
    Is the audio card really necessary i have an audio 4 an d love the sound quality.. Do u guys think that it will have as good sound quality or better if possible???
    Second questions is: HOW MUCH? i think thats what i most want to know about!!! thanks guys so excited

EDIT: Question 3: are all of the buttons map-able because some of them say layer 1.. layer 2... which seems like its for changing between pages?? thanks

1/8" ruined it for me. Aside from that it's cool, but I'll have to avoid it for now.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by djgringo View Post
    So i have to big questions...
    Is the audio card really necessary i have an audio 4 an d love the sound quality.. Do u guys think that it will have as good sound quality or better if possible???
    Second questions is: HOW MUCH? i think thats what i most want to know about!!! thanks guys so excited

EDIT: Question 3: are all of the buttons map-able because some of them say layer 1.. layer 2... which seems like its for changing between pages?? thanks
    1 - yes this will likely sound better than an Audio 4. If it is up to A+H usual standards it will make the Audio 4 sound like a plastic radio speaker. But it is only a 48k soundcard rather than a 96k like the Audio 4, so if a higher sampling rate is important to you, stick with the Audio 4 and bypass the K2.
    2 - 199 GBP (I would type the pounds symbol if I knew how). $240-50 US.
    3 - I'm guessing the layer and shift buttons are the only ones you can't map but it's possible those are mappable too. They claim 171 commands across the three layers, for what it's worth.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan