Vestax Vci 400 ? - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    quirkysilva

Definite traktor controller.. here's my take on it..

Last edited by quirkysilva; 09-28-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quirkysilva View Post
    Definite traktor controller.. here's my take on it..

image won't load - it says it has errors...

edit: ah - i see u fixed it
    Last edited by zestoi; 09-28-2011 at 11:25 PM.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

quirkysilva

Fixed, dunno what went wrong, changed hosting service.

Fixed, dunno what went wrong, changed hosting service.
    only one button would be needed for deck A/C select etc - on or off - i'd bet those two are for play+cue

maybe the 4 u have for snap/quant/? could be snap/quant+ deck selects?

"load deck" could be scratch on/off? somewhere must be buttons to enable fx units 1/2/3/4 for decks a/b/c/d - or at least fx units 1+2 anyway

it's definately an interesting set of controls - i love the twitch-ish-ness about it...

plenty of scope for custom mappings with this puppy anyway

would have been cool to have some touch strips in there - i know the twitch uses those instead of jogs, but i really like using touch strips with my two scs.3d's... not that i'd get rid of those if i did buy a controller like this new vestax mind u...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

quirkysilva

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    only one button would be needed for deck A/C select etc - on or off - i'd bet those two are for play+cue

maybe the 4 u have for snap/quant/? could be snap/quant+ deck selects?

"load deck" could be scratch on/off? somewhere must be buttons to enable fx units 1/2/3/4 for decks a/b/c/d - or at least fx units 1+2 anyway

it's definately an interesting set of controls - i love the twitch-ish-ness about it...

plenty of scope for custom mappings with this puppy anyway

would have been cool to have some touch strips in there - i know the twitch uses those instead of jogs, but i really like using touch strips with my two scs.3d's... not that i'd get rid of those if i did buy a controller like this new vestax mind u...
    I can't stand touch strips, I tried the ones on the NS6.. and it's just not accurate enough. I'ld end up using my mouse/trackpad.. maybe we need a dedicated small nano jogwheel controller lol *pending patent, trademark, copyright, dibs!!!*

I can't stand touch strips, I tried the ones on the NS6.. and it's just not accurate enough. I'ld end up using my mouse/trackpad.. maybe we need a dedicated small nano jogwheel controller lol *pending patent, trademark, copyright, dibs!!!*
    would be cool tho i guess the scs.3d and scs.3m have that covered - if they even still make them mind u?

i think a touch strip can be cool as a needle drop to jump quickly around a track, but i'd prefer jogs for fine tuning, also handy for effects params. i dont really have any controller with any encoders on so use touch strips instead,

this has to be the most interesting controller from the recent announcements anyway. i'm dying to know what the price might be...

Tech Mentor

I was thinking of getting a DJ2Go from Numark, simply for the jog wheels to match with something like my Oxy25v3 .. but apparently you can't map it properly or something.. didn't do much research

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    I was thinking of getting a DJ2Go from Numark, simply for the jog wheels to match with something like my Oxy25v3 .. but apparently you can't map it properly or something.. didn't do much research
    that's a pretty basic little controller, cheap tho. the jogs aren't touch sensitive so that limits what u can do with them i guess.

edit: i did look at that controller a bit - but i wanted to add touch sensitive jogs to my setup so went for the icon idj.

Tech Mentor

Ah, that must have been part of it.. problem with the Stanton strip controllers, over here (Canada) they are like 200$+ a piece..

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    Ah, that must have been part of it.. problem with the Stanton strip controllers, over here (Canada) they are like 200$+ a piece..
    i picked up both of mine (at different times) from ebay for about 50gbp each, 2nd hand but hardly used at all. total bargain at that price for what u get i reckon.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast