Vestax Vci 400 ? - Page 15
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

So will the jogs just be regular old midi?

I'm too used to my hd 1.4 fw now to go back to regular midi jogs on traktor.

Will djtt be able to hack the fw again for their se version?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post

does the high resolution midi messages of the fw1.4 make a big difference? hopefully vestax have implemented that in the vci400 ofc... would be silly not to incorporate all lessons learned from the vci100.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    does the high resolution midi messages of the fw1.4 make a big difference? hopefully vestax have implemented that in the vci400 ofc... would be silly not to incorporate all lessons learned from the vci100.
    Yes it does make a big difference. But it was some hardware hack that a dude on the forums did so dunno how "standard" it is.

Makes a bit difference to the accuracy of both the jogs and the pitch faders.

Much tighter
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post

This is from the Vestax site

INTUITIVE CONTROL
    The symmetrical intuitive control surface consists of iconic Vestax features such as the high-resolution JOG wheels with torque & sensitivity control.
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I scratched for a while on the Vestax Spin at the algoriddim tent at CES and it was like night and day compared to my VCI-100 with the 1.4 firmware, and by that I mean the jogwheels on the Spin scratched much better. I don't know if it was a resolution thing or just how loose the jogwheels feel but I found it easier to do basic scratching and keep control of the sound on the Spin than it is on the VCI-100. So my guess is their newer "high resolution" jog wheels are even more high resolution than what was hacked into the 1.4 firmware.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    I scratched for a while on the Vestax Spin at the algoriddim tent at CES and it was like night and day compared to my VCI-100 with the 1.4 firmware, and by that I mean the jogwheels on the Spin scratched much better. I don't know if it was a resolution thing or just how loose the jogwheels feel but I found it easier to do basic scratching and keep control of the sound on the Spin than it is on the VCI-100. So my guess is their newer "high resolution" jog wheels are even more high resolution than what was hacked into the 1.4 firmware.
    i can see why a 14bit hires message is important for stuff like pitch sliders but can't see how/why a hires message could even be *used* for a jog wheel. i think there that "hires" just refers to how many 'ticks' the jog sends out per revolution and nothing to do with the actual midi message being sent out.

probably the vestax spin runs faster and can process+send out those ticks with less latency - being newer hardware and all.
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Quote Originally Posted by clarkgujjar View Post
    Is $200 a good price for a 2yr old vestax vci 100 in excellent condition?
    Regular VCI-100? arcade mod? black overlay? 1.4FW applied?
    Erase. Stop. Start.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    i can see why a 14bit hires message is important for stuff like pitch sliders but can't see how/why a hires message could even be *used* for a jog wheel. i think there that "hires" just refers to how many 'ticks' the jog sends out per revolution and nothing to do with the actual midi message being sent out.
    You're right, and the VCI-100 SE 1.4 firmware doesn't use 14 bit MIDI for the jogs. The added resolution comes simply from tinkering with the part of the firmware that reads the jog wheels' A/D converters. Put simply, the amount of "ticks" was doubled, so the amount of MIDI messages the controller sends out increased, not the length of a single MIDI message.

Quote Originally Posted by DJQA View Post
    You're right, and the VCI-100 SE 1.4 firmware doesn't use 14 bit MIDI for the jogs. The added resolution comes simply from tinkering with the part of the firmware that reads the jog wheels' A/D converters. Put simply, the amount of "ticks" was doubled, so the amount of MIDI messages the controller sends out increased, not the length of a single MIDI message.
    ah.... cool, makes sense then. people here often seem to band around stuff like "high resolution midi" without usually having any clue what it means (or fubars like hid being 'faster' than midi in no context whatsoever)

the vci100 uses midi that is high resolution in both time and space then... so long as it doesn't employ any black holes or cosmic string theory we should be ok tho

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415