Vestax Vci 400 ? - Page 13
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jringeno View Post
    Just got my hands on this at BPM. Word is release in December at 699......I'm definitely getting one!!!
    as usual slightly higher than just converting the usd price to gbp then the blog says 999usd but should end up selling slightly lower i guess? if it went for about 600gbp that would be a total bargain
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zestoi View Post
    as usual slightly higher than just converting the usd price to gbp then the blog says 999usd but should end up selling slightly lower i guess? if it went for about 600gbp that would be a total bargain
    The vestax guy didn't mention USD or GBP, but then again I am American, so maybe he was converting it assuming I don't live here, lol.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    i am currently living in singapore, which is like... next to malaysia, just wondering if dj gear is much cheaper in malaysia? (since its pretty much.. made there!) if so i am tempted to cross the border and do some shopping lol
    Not true. I had to buy my VCI-100 from a US seller through Ebay. It was about US$200 cheaper than what I was offered here in KL, even with Fedex shipping.

I've asked around and there are no authorised Technics (Panasonic), Pioneer and Vestax dealers in Malaysia. A lot of us buy gear in Singapore (Sim Lim Square).

I know Panasonic has a factory in Shah Alam. Other subcontractors who are likely to be making electronics are located either in Shah Alam or Penang, where Dell computers are assembled for the Asia-Pacific region.

Anyway, I'm still pretty stoked that we are manufacturing a highly anticipated piece of kit in form of the VCI-400.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Just realized those filter knobs look like the same rotary's found on Vestax's high end rotary mixers ... if they feel half as nice, mmmmmmm

I imagine that the price is going to be competitive with the NS6/S4.

This looks like a serious piece of kit. Honestly, it's the one controller that really covers a ton of aspects of pushing the envelope in terms of possibilities.

If DJTT makes a mapping for it, and follows through with the service provided for the VCI-100... it honestly may make me invest in this controller.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The VCI 400 looks like it was made by a committee of 6 people that were assigned a different section each but werent allowed to see what the others were making.

Some of the buttons are WAY to small and are to close to knobs.
    The filter knobs look like they were pulled of an old Vestax rotary mixer and do not need to be so big.

The faders and pitch faders are quality and feel just like any Vestax and im a fan of that.

The Jog wheels feel worse than the VCI 300 (i quite like the 300) but they feel way less responsive and the wierd tension adjuster just gets in the way.

I tried it with Traktor but there was no mouse attached to the Mac so i could not get the browser knob out of the collection window no matter how i tried and i know controllers, i know what knobs do. It struck me as not intuitive.

Its not all bad. I think that if i was used to it would be a really useful controller especially with all the transport buttons and pads available but the layout..? I just think it was rushed and its not gonna hurt the S4.

Whoever mapped it to Traktor for the show did a poor job as it was scrolling 3 tracks at a time but i guess its not aimed at Traktor and will come with Itch as all the other demo models had Itch in use.

If this gets Traktor Scratch Certified i will be amazed. In fact i will buy a DB4 and DB2 and i will eat them.

If this gets Traktor Scratch Certified i will be amazed. In fact i will buy a DB4 and DB2 and i will eat them.
    Note taken
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Its meets the criteria for Certification (some of the criteria is not based on quality but i cannot say what that is). I just think that it will be tied to Itch so much that NI wont do it.
    Maybe this will also be Serato Live certified..?

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The filter knobs ... do not need to be so big.
    blasphemy!

Are the filters actually analog filters built into hardware or is it just a midi knob?

As for TSP certification; is it functional as an actual mixer, with no computer?
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    The VCI 400 looks like it was made by a committee of 6 people that were assigned a different section each but werent allowed to see what the others were making.
    At first glance I thought the same. That's alot of stuff for that layout.

Also, believe it comes bundled with Serato DJ-Intro, not Itch?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300