Vestax Vci 400 ? - Page 12
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GI Trackt View Post
    One blatantly obvious fault with the new VCI-400 is that there's no compatibility with Itch. I'm a little shocked to see that this PRO-level quality controller is only compatible with the ENTRY-level Serato Intro software (along with VDJ/Traktor of course). Huge slap in the face for Itch users :-(
    Talk to Serato about this, not Vestax; I'm sure they'd be thrilled if they could sell this to Itch users as well. But Itch is not like Traktor where you can just use any MIDI controller; at this point Itch is totally tied to the hardware and the versions that exist are all specific to the hardware (e.g. the Twitch version has features you won't find on the VCI-300). So we're unlikely to see Itch anything on this until Serato changes its software/hardware integration for that program. It's possible that in a year or so when Serato figures out what a pain in the ass it will be to support all these different versions of Itch that they will come out with a version of Itch that can be used with any midi controllers (possibly a version integrated with Scratch and the Bridge as well, all one software; call it Itchy and Scratchy!!)
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by djproben View Post
    Talk to Serato about this, not Vestax; I'm sure they'd be thrilled if they could sell this to Itch users as well. But Itch is not like Traktor where you can just use any MIDI controller; at this point Itch is totally tied to the hardware and the versions that exist are all specific to the hardware (e.g. the Twitch version has features you won't find on the VCI-300). So we're unlikely to see Itch anything on this until Serato changes its software/hardware integration for that program. It's possible that in a year or so when Serato figures out what a pain in the ass it will be to support all these different versions of Itch that they will come out with a version of Itch that can be used with any midi controllers (possibly a version integrated with Scratch and the Bridge as well, all one software; call it Itchy and Scratchy!!)
    +1 So true.

Ooh, this looks pirdy! D'ya know if it will include a built-in mixer as well? Read through the thread but couldn't find anything.
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!

I doubt if it's got an onboard mixer. Two line in's? If this got Scratch certified it would be well tempting.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I doubt if it's got an onboard mixer. Two line in's? If this got Scratch certified it would be well tempting.
    I think NI would want the S4 to be the only Scratch certified controller out there. I'm wrong all the time though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Yes, that'd be amazing! It's looking pretty good, only the price is a bit too high in my opinion... It'll drop sooner or later.
    AIAIAI TMA-1 | Shure SE-215-K | VCI-380 | 2x Xone:K2 | Xone:62 | Audio 10 | NI TSP 2 | Roland TR-8 | Ableton Live 9 | Komplete 10 | MBP 13" | Saffire Pro 14 | 2x Eve SC205

Tech Convert

I'm pretty stoked that the VCI-400 is made in Malaysia, just like Pioneer's DDJ series. If all the Japanese companies keep this up, Shah Alam will be the DJ equipment manufacturing capital of the world!

Quote Originally Posted by silencer View Post
    I'm pretty stoked that the VCI-400 is made in Malaysia, just like Pioneer's DDJ series. If all the Japanese companies keep this up, Shah Alam will be the DJ equipment manufacturing capital of the world!
    i am currently living in singapore, which is like... next to malaysia, just wondering if dj gear is much cheaper in malaysia? (since its pretty much.. made there!) if so i am tempted to cross the border and do some shopping lol
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

If this got Scratch certified it would be well tempting.
    +1

Tech Wizard

Just got my hands on this at BPM. Word is release in December at 699......I'm definitely getting one!!!