Vestax Vci 400 ? - Page 11
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I don't think price is that big of an issue. You've got pro's screaming left and right how all the controllers look like toys and are cheaply built. The 400 looks to answer those complaints with what appears to be fantastic build quality. The sound card also looks to be what we all want, although I didn't see any specific mention of booth out and that was a big complaint about the S4. It does have two main outs and there's inexpensive solutions to work around the lack of booth out if it matters that much to you.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

has anyone got an exact size of the unit?

I tried to google it but couldn't find any info.

Tech Mentor

also another thought , the filter appears to turn on and off automatically...

so you wont be able to sweep a track up and then switch the filter back off

or

with the filter off turn it up or down and then switch it on to active it in that position?

Is there any filter on off control on the unit

(obviously one could map anything but you know what i mean)

Tech Wizard

I dont think it automatically turns the filter on, I think the LED is just to indicate when the filter is affecting your track, such as in traktor if you leave the filter knob at 12 o clock but keep the filter on it doesnt do anything

Looks like a dedicated filter on/off button would have to be mapped in order to do all those fun filter tricks youre talking about... I'd probably use the sync buttons on each deck since I doubt I would use them anyways

One blatantly obvious fault with the new VCI-400 is that there's no compatibility with Itch. I'm a little shocked to see that this PRO-level quality controller is only compatible with the ENTRY-level Serato Intro software (along with VDJ/Traktor of course). Huge slap in the face for Itch users :-(

To make matters even more confusing, Intro is a 2 deck software but the controller is for 4 decks!

For Traktor users though this controller is not only bi-winning but...quad-winning!!! For those of us on Itch, however, it feels like a major let down. If this controller was Itch certified, I'd sell my DX in a heartbeat.

Hopefully in the coming months, one of the following things will happen:

1) Itch gets MIDI compatibility
    2) this VCI-400 gets Itch certified
    3) Itch gets a new controller similar to the VCI-400!
    Last edited by GI Trackt; 10-01-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I don't think price is that big of an issue. You've got pro's screaming left and right how all the controllers look like toys and are cheaply built. The 400 looks to answer those complaints with what appears to be fantastic build quality. The sound card also looks to be what we all want, although I didn't see any specific mention of booth out and that was a big complaint about the S4. It does have two main outs and there's inexpensive solutions to work around the lack of booth out if it matters that much to you.
    Like I said, minor issue not a big issue. It's only big to the few who were considering this as a entry controller, which is a very small market. It just doesn't make sense when the Twitch is sold for half the price and comes with a more professional version of Serato.

Default I already sold on the build quality!

What really would put this thing over the top for me as an ultimate mixer/controller would be if this thing could run just as a strait 4 channel mixer unplugged from a laptop in the case you just want to run two cdjs if the laptop shuts down or if you intentionally had to swap out a laptop and still have music going. This way there would be no need for an additional dj mixer to plug into and you can have a portable all in one solution for both the digital and the analog world! Ohh my god I would dribble on my self just for that!!!!!!

DOWN3E4T OUT!

Tech Student

I cant wait for this to come out next year!!! my whole tax return will go towards purchasing this bad boy!

The price isn't terrible. Compared to an s4 this looks sooo much more quality. I have pro equipment for home and house parties, but if I'm gigging at a bar I've been using an x1, mixer, and midi fighter. With this thing. I could literally sell all of those for this for mobile gigs at places with no equipment.

Is it confirmed it works as a standalone mixer?

I'm glad that Vestax left this open ended for users instead of tying it any particular software one to one. I guess they learned from the customization success of the 100.