Large TSI causing TP2 to be sloooow- normal? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

they told you your tsi was practically useless??
    Setup: TP 3, Kontrol S5, MF Twister, MF3D, MF Classic, DIY-Midifighter, Aiaiai Tma-1
    soundcloud
    facebook
    formerly know as weltraumpapst

They said

"I don't see any use for these other than cramming up mappings for 9 different controllers"

That is because I have used the devices to keep logical order of the different functions of each button page and knob set for the Machine. I asked in my last mail, if that isn't the right way to manage so many commands, what is? Everything in one device? I said, that would be practically impossible.

I'm just hoping they'll see that the controller manager could use some rethinking for very large controller mappings and might take it up to improve it in the future. Crossing my fingers....

scamo
    Skooppa - the revolution is beginning!

You want the best FX jogs on the S4? Then try this mapping!

Our Mixes: Mixcloud - Soundcloud
    Hehe...yeah. We're just beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    They said

"I don't see any use for these other than cramming up mappings for 9 different controllers"
    LOL! i am *definately* not going to send them the bunch of tsi's i currently have in traktor then

That is because I have used the devices to keep logical order of the different functions of each button page and knob set for the Machine. I asked in my last mail, if that isn't the right way to manage so many commands, what is? Everything in one device? I said, that would be practically impossible.

I'm just hoping they'll see that the controller manager could use some rethinking for very large controller mappings and might take it up to improve it in the future. Crossing my fingers....

scamo
    hell yes... i can only hope that one day very very soon they come to their sense and add the much needed improvements to the controller manager.

out of all the functional areas within traktor surely this has to be the easiest of all to improve???? no need to worry about real time performance etc, it's just a fricking editor window. how hard can it be to improve that?

maybe that xtreme mapping app popping up has made them think more about it? if i was a mac user i would get it - but as not i'd like to think that app has helped to raise their awareness of the issues a bit more if people are willing to shell out extra cash to improve them...
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl
    Quote Originally Posted by derschaich
    "wohoo, i'm touched, turn on the FX"

Yes, I even get some audio dropouts because of it. Probably because of all the LED outs on my Livid Code. This should be fixed, although it doesn't bother my DJing experience if I don't open the preferences.
    Traktor/Itch: Xone Dx - MidiFighter x1
    Ableton: Livid Code - iPad - KP3
    Tech: Macbook Pro 17", intel i7, 8gb RAM, 500gb HD 7200RPM

Quote Originally Posted by tyfurious View Post
    Yes, I even get some audio dropouts because of it. Probably because of all the LED outs on my Livid Code. This should be fixed, although it doesn't bother my DJing experience if I don't open the preferences.
    you'd *never* open the prefs during a set surely anyway?
    11mba / 13mbp / tsp2 / live9 / audio10 / 2x reloop rp7000gold / 2x xdj1000 / 2x d2
    maschine mk2 / x1 mk2 / z1 / f1 / midifighter / lpd8 / 2x launchpad / launchkontrol xl

Nope, you probably wouldn't. But it doesn't excuse the fact that this issue still sucks for those who want to do more with their controllers and more and more people are getting into more "devices".

Like tyfurious' setup. OMG! :eek:

scamo

Looks like I've (we've) got some attention (as I've been linking to this thread and one on NI's Forum too). The support person is taking this issue to the "DJ Support Team" and I should be getting an answer in a couple of days as to any course of action. Crossing fingers.

scamo

Ok, good news and worth posting. From NI's support about this issue.

Thanks again for sharing your insight and opinions on this issue. In the scenario that you have described with examples, we can observe a lag in response when accessing the Preferences panel and switching devices in Control Manager. The development has been notified about this and will further look into it. Please feel free to provide more input as we always welcome improvement requests and observations from our users.
    Hope they can improve the situation. I know there are more important issues, but this one is a real PITA for me and my Machine and trying to map it.

scamo

Quote Originally Posted by scamo View Post
    Ok, good news and worth posting. From NI's support about this issue.

Hope they can improve the situation. I know there are more important issues, but this one is a real PITA for me and my Machine and trying to map it.

scamo
    cool, sounds good. one of the main things traktor has going for it verses other software is the mapping flexability so they really should solve this issue...

also ofc they should improve the actual controller editor tho that might encourage even more complicated mappings - so i think they should solve the other issue first

Yeah. In my last mail to them I also mentioned the fact the editor/ manager is unweildy, in that you can't see all of the mapping fields. In other words, I'd actually like to see the controller editor in its own window and not all squished up in the preferences window.

scamo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast