New Allen & Heath xone thingy - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

They gonna announce two new items so this mixer and????

I bet some upgrade for d1 or d2 like a x1 for their x link, Hope so then this mixer and the new (d1) could become my new set up.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Quote Originally Posted by souldancer View Post

I bet some upgrade for d1 or d2 like a x1 for their x link, Hope so then this mixer and the new (d1) could become my new set up.
    that would be pretty dope.

I'm thinking this will be $1999. Two FX processors on the right side of the mixer, filters on 4 channels that can alternate hi/mid/low EQ and HF/RES/LF like they do on the DB4. Same effects lineup as the DB4 with five categories and the option to combine the two effects processors to make up your own (and hopefully save). Additional single-knob filter control on each of the effects processors for quick access. FAT dry/wet knobs like the DB4 but only two of them, also on the right side under the effects processor windows. Sadly shortened channel meters allow them to save a few bucks on LEDs.

The big question here is TSP certification; based on my own irresponsibly wild interpretation of murmurs from behind the scenes that are vaguely referred to on the NI discussion board it's possible this will be certified; I would also speculate that if it is we will see the long overdue DB4 certification arrive at the same time.

I definitely don't see this coming in at much under 1999; maybe 1799 to compete with the Pio 900 for the club installations but no way it will be much below that.

=-=-edit - D'oh! of course they won't price this in USD so maybe 1299 GBP? The DB4 came out at 1999 GBP right?
    Last edited by djproben; 09-26-2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: duh -- currency
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by souldancer View Post

Been expecting a 1/2D update for a while (or anything incorporating x-link, getting tired of having a port that can't connect to anything lol). Hope you're right. Gotta say that two inter assignable fx units on this would typically be much more useful than the db4's four per channel units. Scratch cert on this leading to DB4 scratch cert would make me very happy. Also I think it will be nice to have the DB4's features at a more accessible price range - more people having the gear = more innovations in using the gear.

I'm glad that they didn't release this teaser earlier, less time spent speculating is much better.
    Last edited by DigitalDevil; 09-26-2011 at 03:04 PM.

DB4 seemed like overkill to me. A very dangerous overkill to crash, since it's got the soundcard. No ipod going through this baby once it crashes.If this has fx, it probably has a soundcard too.

Whatever. This is just a way for A&H to move products cause the x92 has a life expectancy of 200 centuries.

I mean, I don't use more than a quarter of the traktor fx. Do I really need more? I'll stick to mastering all the traktor ones first.

Just me I guess.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    DB4 seemed like overkill to me. A very dangerous overkill to crash, since it's got the soundcard. No ipod going through this baby once it crashes.If this has fx, it probably has a soundcard too.

Whatever. This is just a way for A&H to move products cause the x92 has a life expectancy of 200 centuries.

I mean, I don't use more than a quarter of the traktor fx. Do I really need more? I'll stick to mastering all the traktor ones first.

Just me I guess.
    Quality mixers like this don't 'crash'

Quote Originally Posted by minimal View Post
    I only played with the DB4 for a couple hours but the effects are light years beyond what Traktor does. They sound a lot less computerized, more "natural" if that makes sense, and a lot more subtle (or at least it seemed you can play with them a lot more subtly). You can play the same loop for hours and not get bored of it. Assuming this thing has a looper too (and it looks like it does), the effects will be the real selling point. You're right though, if you're not really into effects as much, then this probably isn't the mixer for you; an xone 92 makes a lot more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular
    True but software does crash and sometimes the soundcard doesn't interface with the software the way it ought to; feeding the soundcard information that it's not expecting can have unexpected results. Some people prefer true analog mixers to mixer/soundcard combos like this one for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    That my friend is a question that people are still asking about the DB4.
    Tell me if I'm wrong Karlos but, I remember someone says A&H couldn't guarantee a minimum amount of sold unit/year... so NI decline the Certification... It was on the NI forum.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Power never fail
    EQ never fail
    E.T. was a dog

Every electronic gear fail, crash one day or another.
    Steve Zorilow: Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DJKeyWee View Post
    Tell me if I'm wrong Karlos but, I remember someone says A&H couldn't guarantee a minimum amount of sold unit/year... so NI decline the Certification... It was on the NI forum.
    Yep that was there official reason in a letter to A+H that they shared. I suspect a lot more of them have sold than they thought. The conversation on that thread made me think they would actually be certifying this thing in the near future; I'm staying tuned to BPM because there will no doubt be some interesting things showing up there.

One thing about this that really has me excited is that a second mixer with the same effects processors means twice the chance that A+H will keep improving the firmware. The big complaints I have about other top shelf digital mixers is not the hardware but the software; it only touches the tip of the iceberg of what these things are capable of. And none of the main companies making top quality mixers seem to have much interest in updating the firmware on products they've already sold (the last update for my Evo 5 was in 2009 for example, and Denon has called their flagship a "finished product" when people asked about updates on their discussion board). A+H bringing out another mixer with these processors means they have more incentive to keep improving things on the software side as they push more of these out of the stores.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast