New Allen & Heath xone thingy - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    If it is 4 channels with two xone filter units and price accordingly sign me up for one. We were just talking about how they should make something like this. I want a 4 channel scratch certified mixer with 3 band eq and two a&h filter units. FX are a bonus. I don't need any midi craziness on my mixer....
    Substract the scratch certication (and maybe the pricing) and you should be in luck. The video definitely shows 2 analogue filter units and 2 digital fx units.
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

Where do you see the 2 analogue filters? I only see the filters of the FX units, or must I be blind?

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Substract the scratch certication (and maybe the pricing) and you should be in luck. The video definitely shows 2 analogue filter units and 2 digital fx units.
    As long as it has a soundcard I'm sure it will be scratch certified... If it's around 1400 I would consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    Where do you see the 2 analogue filters? I only see the filters of the FX units, or must I be blind?
    Try 0:14
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25

Looking foward to see what they are gonna release,
    hopefully a stripped down version of the DB4....DB2 maybe??

Also maybe something about x link.... I think thats what it's called?
    2x Technics 1200's - Xone 92 -
    MidiFighter Classic x2 - TSP2 - Audio 10 - Black MacBook

Quote Originally Posted by 3heads View Post
    Try 0:14
    Yes, I've noticed that. But I thought you meant the Xone:92 like filters... Unfortunately, no they aren't. They just gonna work like the Pioneer ones, I guess! That's a pity, but well they're still Xone filters, so they should work fine!

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    As long as it has a soundcard I'm sure it will be scratch certified... If it's around 1400 I would consider it.
    I wouldn't bank on that. It would be nice but, the DB4 isnt Certified.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I wouldn't bank on that. It would be nice but, the DB4 isnt Certified.
    Neither was the 4D at first but it worked perfectly with TSP and eventually became certified.

I'm not saying it will work, I just don't understand why NI wouldn't certify it.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 09-26-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JDFS View Post
    Yes, I've noticed that. But I thought you meant the Xone:92 like filters... Unfortunately, no they aren't. They just gonna work like the Pioneer ones, I guess! That's a pity, but well they're still Xone filters, so they should work fine!
    Ehh, could you elaborate? What's the difference to 92 filters (apart from maybe the missing LFOs)? You can see the resonance knob and the buttons to select LP/BP/HP a couple frames later. But maybe I'm just missing something obvious, never having played on a 92 (but plenty on my 42 and I always thought the differences regarding the filters were the LFOs and the 92 having 2 independent units)

Edit: of course in the video you can see a dry/wet-pot for the filters, but I can't see that making a negative difference
    Last edited by 3heads; 09-26-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Where do you see the buttons to select LP/BP/HP??? It's now just like a Pioneer mixer or please tell us at which time you see them!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast