Steinberg controllers! - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

This is a great analogy, but not in the way you're suggesting. If you want a Mercedes, buy a Mercedes. But it's more than a little stupid to buy a Toyota and complain it's not a Mercedes. It's not an apples to apples comparison.
    Not suggesting it is .. the lifespan of both is the same as is the functionality, nothing wrong with toyota, proven to be the most reliable cars in the world and you can buy 5 vios' for the price of an low end merc.

Tech Mentor

I think it is stupid to complain about cheap controllers, I find it retarded to expect much of a cheap controller, everyone knows what kind of product your getting when you go for a $150 controller, you can't expect much of it, at least the build quality. That's why everyone should base this argument in functionality, and Behringer's work fine I believe.

my argument is it should have better components and cost more, these are fantastic in terms of features, and they dont look like they belong on the starship enterprise like the stanton and cheap numark stuff, but the quality could let these down and will open the market to a more serious competitor, either way we win I guess, as these types of controllers are a real game changer for the industry that has focused on all in one's, it would be good to see behringer with their manufacturing strength making quality gear, but when native instruments seperate the s4 into sections or vestax get in on this these are likely to be forgotten about by professionals not because of functionality but because of quality.

wasn't this meant to be about steinburg??? lol
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Mentor

I also believe it is a bit stupid to make controllers cheap so they won't be good. Many manufaturers believe well this is cheap, so It will appeal to those who can't pay more. No, thats worst, those products will probably suck and be a waste of money to the manufacturer and the buyer. I agree with you, paying up for a better quality controller isn't a bad thing, they should have better components and cost more.
    I bought a BCD3000, and I thought to myself, jesus this controller is REALLY cheap, and then I thought it probably sucks, I did some research and I realized it's cheap because of the time it has been on the market, it is an old controller so that price is a marketing plan because no one wants a dated controller that is pricy, but that is one excuse, what about controllers like the new behringer and these steinberg? Which are brand new, they seem amazing and top quality? They are based on a $100 - $250 price range, I don't get it, they must be cheaply made or what? I read here that it is probably a marketing plan to increase profits, It is impossible for a company to make top quality gear and sell them at a misery, no matter how much they sell it will never keep up with their production expenses, or they are very very stupid, or they have an amazing marketing plan. Beats me though

Tech Mentor

I mean it is impossible to pay a ton of money to manufacture a product which will after be sold at a misery? I really don't get it, you said they look amazing in the term of features, that is what I mean. THEY LOOK AWESOME, ok, when they start selling them there are 2 options. 1- They work wonderfully as told and all the features are great, so EVERYONE buys them, still with alot of sells will never keep up with their expenses. 2- They are not as told and nobody buys them, bye bye Behringer.

Tech Convert

I was one of the unfortunate ones who bought the BCD2000 when it first came out and hell it was crap (sorry behringer). So when they released BCD3000, i felt cheated. Behringer should have recalled the defective BCD2000 and gave us customers a chance to trade-in and upgrade to BCD3000. Believe me when i say that you lost a lot of customers. the real reason why BCD3000 is selling good coz it cheap i mean really cheap and some say its ok.

let me give you a list of the equipment i have used through the years:

technics sl 1200 = best
    denon cd-cart with pitch (forgot the model) = average
    denon dn2500f = crap
    nurmark dual cd player (forgot the model) = crap
    pioneer cdj100 = best
    denon dns5000 = crap (but i learned how to deal with its quirks)
    denon dns3500 = good
    pioneer cdj800 = good
    pioneer cdj1000 = best
    behringer BCD2000 = crap (disassembled for mod)
    X-session pro = average (sold)
    DjTech Imix reload = average (currently own)
    Denon DN-HS5500 = great (currently own)
    Numark DJ2GO= surprisingly good (currently own)
    Korg nanokontrol2 = average (currently own)
    Behringer uca202/ufo202 = average (currently own)

this is not to brag but to inform you that i know what im saying. Although i really felt cheated with the BCD2000, Im still interested with your CMD series and maybe, just maybe willing to give behringer another chance.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

Now lets get back to the question, do these controllers use regular midi (stenberg CMD series) or propriety? hmmmmm remains to be seen peace.....

I don't think there is a question as to whether they will sell, there are more and more noobs every day who will eat these up, so without question the cmd series will destroy numarks and any other brands budget range... but that isn't the market I am in, I want something that has rock solid performance for taking to gigs over something fancy with all the bells and whistles, although if I can get both quality performance and features i'd much prefer that "aka VCI-400"

IMHO if these were made a little better than what the look in photo's they would be an absolute winner, that is why I would like to see what behringer do with the profits from cmd, hopefully they take on the big boys...
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Tech Convert

hahaha i learned my lesson to read the reviews before i buy hahahaha

Tech Mentor

[QUOTE=synthet1c;435975]I don't think there is a question as to whether they will sell, there are more and more noobs every day who will eat these up, so without question the cmd series will destroy numarks and any other brands budget range... but that isn't the market I am in

The CMD series have been really well presented to the market, and they've also been integrated with tons of features, they are being sold at a VERY cheap price, no wonder when they reach the market they will immediately kill every other contender in that price range. But the question is: How can Behringer manufacture such a product filled with so many features and sell it at that low price? No matter how much they sell their production cost will be higher probably. Unless the CMD Series are made of crap and their manufacturing cost nothing.

Tech Convert

[quote=DJSp1n;435983]
    Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    I don't think there is a question as to whether they will sell, there are more and more noobs every day who will eat these up, so without question the cmd series will destroy numarks and any other brands budget range... but that isn't the market I am in

The CMD series have been really well presented to the market, and they've also been integrated with tons of features, they are being sold at a VERY cheap price, no wonder when they reach the market they will immediately kill every other contender in that price range. But the question is: How can Behringer manufacture such a product filled with so many features and sell it at that low price? No matter how much they sell their production cost will be higher probably. Unless the CMD Series are made of crap and their manufacturing cost nothing.
    Lets all say thank you to CHINA nyahahaha

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast