Traktor 2.1.1 update out - Page 7
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Played live with it last night after upgrading. I noticed that I had to turn the gains on my mixer way up, so I checked the new headroom function, changed it to -3 and was much better. Didn't notice any better performance from it though. I have a black Macbook core 2 duo 2.1gb with 2gb RAM and had the use multiple cores box checked. Seemed like the CPU load meter was a little higher than before the update. I unchecked the box and it seemed to be the same. No crashes, pops, or clicks though. Did a 4 hour set and had no issues. New waveform thing adds nothing practical IMO. Nothing or a blur makes no difference to me.

Note: I wish I could move the pitch slider with the sync button on. If I'm mixing in a track that I have to speed up or slow down by +-2 or more, I like to move it closer to 0 after the break to avoid chipmunk syndrome. I don't use keylock for a couple of reasons. Before TP2 I would hit the sync button once to match the BPM then hit the button again to turn sync off letting me alter the pitch after the break. With TP2 if you turn the sync button off it changes the BPM of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by react View Post
    Even on-board video cards for the last 5 years can render hi-res 3d games, I really don't think they are going to have an issue with a 2D waveform representation. Regardless the amount of vram isn't going to be an issue, what exactly would be cached in it?

Also as stated previously in this thread:
    I mentioned this only because in one of the first info updates from NI was to say don't use traktor 2 on a second monitor as it would seriously overload the rendering.... (now i have to find the link !)

BRB
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Quote Originally Posted by sender View Post
    Guys, who could help me to make Audio10 play in the headphones?
    They are not playing at all =( in 2.0.3
    Start a new thread. Include enough information about what you have and haven't done, so it becomes apparent that you've read the manual and done some basic troubleshooting, and you'll get some help.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Macom View Post
    I noticed that I had to turn the gains on my mixer way up, so I checked the new headroom function, changed it to -3 and was much better. Didn't notice any better performance from it though.....Seemed like the CPU load meter was a little higher than before the update.
    I also noticed this stuff. I left the new headroom function at -6 and increased the software "main" to make up for it (was -7, now -4). I am not sure which is the better way to do it.

I am also wondering why the CPU load meter is a little higher than before?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ SB View Post
    I am also wondering why the CPU load meter is a little higher than before?
    Higher CPU load?

It's actually audio engine load.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

I didn't find the link, although i did find the reason ... the reason has been mentioned previously.
    The waveform is only displayed from the audio that's cached ready to play. In order to show the whole waveform, the audio needs to be cached earlier from the point you will play from.

it looks nice though ..
    XPS L701x i7 16GbRAM 2x 500Gb SSD RAID HD (Windows 7 Ultimate x64) 1 x 1Tb 7200 int.
    TSP 2.6.1 ¦ Audio 8 ¦ Audio 4 ¦ 4 x Denon SC-2000 ¦ 2 x DX2 ¦ EMU shortboard ¦ MIDI_FIGHTER_PRO_PLUS
    SL1210Mk5 x 2 ¦ Numark TTX x2 ¦ DJM-T1 ¦ DDM4000 MIDI Mixer ¦ Numark 4TRAK ¦ neoD+ cables
    8000+ 45's & 2500+ 12's ¦ 2 x Traktor Kontrol S4 ¦ X1 & F1

Tech Guru

With the latest update my jogs no longer work. They where mapped using the Xone 4 band eq mapping from traktor bible. Going to start clean and setup all my mappings again. There goes the afternoon!

About the blurry-waveform-where-it's-re-buffering thing... It's kinda back to how it was in TSP 1.2x. I mean, jumping across a track with hotcues or scrubbing with the X1's knob, I'd sometimes catch a glimpse of a blocky waveform here and there. Which looked to be the stripe view blown up. And in cases where Traktor just refused to keep on buffering, I'd get that low-res waveform and then no sound.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

You need to modify the map to use the new parameter Jog Turn

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    You need to modify the map to use the new parameter Jog Turn
    Most appreciated! You just saved me hours worth of investigation, thanks!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast