Next version of Kontrol S4? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    i think the s4 is the technics 1200's of the controller world. people will still be using em in a decade.
    that made me laugh hard enough to post a comment about it.

Quote Originally Posted by earl panda View Post
    iŽll quote you in 5 years and we both will have a good laugh while we are at this awsome dj battle on mars trying to finally beat the damned 1000 armed alien squid "dj squid master". his routines are sick!
    sig'd

Tech Guru

apparently you guys have completely forgotten about my sense of humor.

in all seriousness.

did the average iq on the forum drop again?

see... this is what happens when you do something as dumb as roll out an ot forum when everything was just fine the way it was before.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Please don't. The S4 is really well designed and NI should let it set a standard for at least 2-3 more years.

I hate when companies have a great product then just make it obsolete for the sake if it shortly after.

Replacing the S4 is not the answer, maybe an add on controller to go with it would be cool. Also I really wish the S4 and other controllers had a built in USB hub so you could plug other stuff into it without eating up the 2 damn usb ports on the macbook. So, take note for future products.

I can't wait for it to be replaced by something without jog wheels and HID remapping like the S2
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Only thing I could ask for with the current S4 is a crossfader curve adjust knob/switch and HID mapping.

Both of with are solveable by a little tweaking with the software, just I'm too lazy to find a spot on the shift layer for the CC control knob. Gain knob prehaps?
    Dell Studio XPS 1645 | TSP 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Audio 6 | HDJ-1000 | Alto PAM5A

You guys aren't following the way NI does things. First was the S4, then the S2. First was the Audio 8 then the Audio 4 then the Audio 2. First was the Traktor Pro then the Traktor Duo. So the next innovation is obviously:

S1: Full HID control over 1 deck
    Audio 1: full featured TSP compatible soundcard with one input and one output

and of course the software to go with it:

Traktor Mono!

Personally I can't wait. I'm dusting off my 78 RPM Mono timecode records as we speak.
    "Art is what you can get away with." - Marshall McLuhan

I'm waiting for the traktor S0.25! Perfect 1 to 1 HID control over one of the sample slots, a single chained effect and one of the EQ bands!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123