The improvised DJ/production desk thread - Page 41
Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Hello, you are right these are not ikea parts, but legs for a bed !
    Very functional because the height can be adjusted: screw up or down to set the right height of TT/mixer.

So my job is mainly done, except some details: mount my cdj (on left side) and integrate vu meters (analog) into the desk

Br

K
    Last edited by kanaberra; 09-14-2013 at 01:59 AM. Reason: language mistakes ;)

Tech Convert

Hello here is mine

Quote Originally Posted by 0Notice View Post
    Built my own!

Attachment 14972
    That looks pretty nice. I like the fact you've tacked on extra support for the monitors and the laptop stand.

Tech Mentor

Simple but effective:

IMAG0530.jpg

Default Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by groovegsus View Post
    Hello here is mine

What is the model number on the dual monitors in your setup? Nice by the way!

Smile

A lot of these tables look real nice, very inspiring.Having recently finished acquiring my new set up (1200s) i need a new surface big enough, and worthy of my new treasures.

I started my own build employing the popular expedit. I'm going with 2, 2x2 shelves for a couple reasons. Alot of ikea furniture doesn't like to be disassembled and reassembled, and in the event it needs to be moved two separate cases would be easier. The second reason being stability. Ive seen multiple posts where just the one expedit deep variety was used and although its probably pretty stable on a hard surface, ill be putting a somewhat heavy wooden top on them not including the equipment. By my design the table top will be 6'4" wide, and i will have the two expedits slightly angled out, leaving a gap in the middle. This gives me 24" between the front and back corners instead of 15" depth of expedit as per the website.

Table top and shelf will be homemade. The table itself will be pretty simple. The shelf will be about 4' long, angled, and have vertical sides down to the table top. I work as an abrasive waterjet programmer/operator so my fabrication possibilities are pretty big in that realm. My idea was to cut out the Technics logo in either the front or back of the shelf and inlay it with frosted lexan (plexiglass). I got the idea from a table on one of these forums where they built the table up to flush and put plexi around the edge with backlighting and it looked top. I tested the concept today and it'll look crazy good. Also open to other design options as there are three long sides to the shelf to fill with cool glowing inlays ( dont want anything tacky obvi). the shelf will also hide all wires and power strips.

Other than that i left some space for [near] future monitors [hopefully]. Also wanting ideas for a good finish from those who used raw stock. Right now im leaning towards glossy black just cause i think ittl look good with the light box and expedits come in black but idk...

can post updates (pics) if there's interest but i will post when complete, want to finish in a couple weeks tops so i get get on those decks!

cheers

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by groovegsus View Post
    Hello here is mine

O_O DOPE SET UP!!! I was planning to do this but I was held back by the price range. Wanna give a price tag on how much all this cost? Excluding the all controllers, mixers, cdjs and launchpads? like computers and desktops? and you should probably sign up for ableton live 9.1 beta, dual monitors would look so sick with your set up!
    MacBook Pro 15" | Traktor Pro 2 | Ableton Live 9 | Traktor Kontrol S4 MK2 | MIDI Fighter 3D | Ableton Push | V-Moda Crossfade M-100 | Bose 901
    We are mortal while we are seeking what we love. When you've found what you love, that is when you achieve Immortality.
    - Supported by River Accorsi -

I just ran across this thread after dropping just under $100 on some particle board, metal pipes and flanges for a homemade setup, and this is SOOOOO much better.

The only issue I am having is finding the capita brackets. Seems they are discontinued from IKEA(as well as the angled legs). What other options are there for raising the shelf and securing to the table top?

Quote Originally Posted by djseake View Post
    Hi guys!
    This is my setup's plan...TT's in battle mode etc.Might be helpful!
    It's made by only IKEA parts.

Attachment 15559Attachment 15560Attachment 15561
    What software did you use to make this image?

Hi folks, I was inspired by this thread a while ago to build a customised Ikea DJ desk and thought I better share my creation... I've got a fairly small flat in Edinburgh so space was a limiting factor. I don't do any production but I wanted somewhere I could also sit comfortably at and use as a desk for my computer. Anyway thanks for all the ideas!

dj booth 1.jpg

dj booth 2.jpg