MF Spectra // Updating firmware resets all settings on each unit - really???
    Tech Mentor

Default MF Spectra // Updating firmware resets all settings on each unit - really???

hi.

i just pressed the update firmware button for the first time using my mf utility with my new mf spectras.
    it runs through this entire process of flashing and updating and booting and whatnot and eventually whatever had to be updated gets updated but the problem i have with that it also erases all the settings i put in place for the controller, so for every unit i have to set the colors and settings again from scratch. that aint quite right is it?

from the classics i am used to just updating the unit and everything remains as is, how come nowadays you have to set the entire controller up again from the beginning?
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

export your utility settings before flashing the firmware
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey JanuaryOne,

So the reason it does this is sometimes new firmware versions have a new permament settings layout in their memory, switching between remix and standard should never cause a factory reset of the settings. As Jester says if this is a big problem a good way to go is to export your settings before upgrading to new firmware.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

Tech Mentor

sweet thanks guys
    Finest Electronic Dance Music

www.januaryone.dj