Change MF3D Orientation?
    Tech Wizard

Default Change MF3D Orientation?

Hi there,

Just picked up a midifighter 3d and am playing with the utility program etc. Have a mapping working with remix deck control and effects.

I was wondering, is there a way to reverse the orientation of the midifighter 3d? As in: can the 3d bet turned 180 degrees so that the cable port is at the back and the bank buttons are on the bottom?

If not I can work around it, but it would be great as I am building a custom box for the dj gear and was hoping to put the cable port at the back (top).

Thanks

Tech Wizard

Btw, I know I can do it by changing what the buttons do in a midi mapping, but in HID mode there doesn't seem to be a way to program the buttons individually?

Thanks

honestly
    i just use mine so much i memorized how to use it upside down if i need to.
    i know thats not quite what you are looking for but it was the easiest thing to do for me
    i actually wanted to use mine sideways (because of the way i have mine setup)
    my left thumb reaches the banks really easy while the rest of those fingers are doing something on the other EFX unit

this will be included in a future firmware update
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Cool.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    Hopefully this will be extended to the Spectra too? I'm in pretty much the same position (as it were), but wishing I could have the USB-socket side of my Spectra be the bottom (near) edge.

Tech Mentor

With the new firmware all mappings which will work on Mf3d will work on Spectra too and vice versa.

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey Lapinfuu,

We are working on a update to the 3D firmware which will mean any Spectra mapping will be compatible with the 3D, and vice versa, except for if using a 3D mapping on a Spectra obviously all Motion and Bank button related controls will not work.