Getting Lost in the Mapping!
    Tech Convert

Default Getting Lost in the Mapping!

Hi everybody,
    I am still programming my Axiom 49 based off of Ean's Oxygen 8 mapping. I want to map the FX units to the knobs the same way he did.

There are a lot of things mapped to a single knob, I was wondering if there was any way to get a list of all the items in this mapping. Currently I just imported the TSI and am constantly switching back and forth between his mapping and mine as I try to copy it over to mine. Very tedious, and time consuming. And still some things don't always work out.

Is there any easier way to do this?

Tech Mentor

note that I've never done any mapping

But there's a sticky up there with a TSI merger. can't you just copy all the stuff you want from his TSI to a new one and merge it with yours? just make sure to not have the same stuff in there so you dont overwrite some of your own mappings...

Tech Convert

I'll check that out, but I'm pretty sure it only works with pre-1.2 traktor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr530 View Post
    Is there any easier way to do this?
    It's technical because it's technical. Sometimes there is no easier way - in which case you need to draw yourself some diagrams.

Try to map out how each button or slider works under each Modifier State, then find out which buttons cause the states to change. That will give you what's called a "State Transition Diagram", which is best drawn using boxes and arrows, e.g.

These kinds of diagrams will show you how the different modes of functionality come about and how they are controlled by keypresses changing the Modifier States.

Tech Convert

Well it just seems to me that I am being forced to reinvent the wheel.

These mappings that people provide are wonderful, but I feel like in order to feel truly comfortable with my equipment I need to tweak and understand the entire mapping. The mapping editor in Traktor is very tedious and difficult to understand because I can only see 4 rows at a time.

For example, if there was a way I could view a mapping in excel that would make my life easier.

Ideally, I would like to be able to cut and paste parts of separate mappings and then reassign using the learn function. Ean and others around here have come up with some pretty awesome smart knobs, and I don't necessarily want to go through the learning curve that they did to understand which elements of an FX unit work better if they are mapped to the same knob vs different knobs.

After going through one of the other threads, one solution is to have multiple mappings for one controller, and then just assign the input output to the same controller. Are there any disadvantages to this (other than that the modifiers need to be assigned on each mapping)

Tech Wizard

ehy mr530 i have map my axiom 49 with traktor!i have already open a thread with that file so you can download it and give it a try!if you do it please let me know what do you think about!ah some buttons knobs and fader are not yet configure because i'm waiting my new sound card!