Sosik's VCI-300 2D TSI [BETA] - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Here is how it should look like. Check the attachment.

Tech Wizard

Thanks, I'll give a try tonight when I get home. Can't say it enough but thanks again.

Tech Convert

Thanks for an awesome mapping! I think this is the best one I've found so far, but the navigation is a bit less than intuitive...I guess because I've never used itch with my VCI-300, I only know how to use the Traktor browser the way I'm used to...but anyway, here's my question:

I use SYNC, and with this TSI, everything works great until a while into a mix when al of a sudden cant get one deck to return to 0.0% pitch. It gets stuck at .1% (or some other amount) and then when you try to SYNC, the other deck WILL NOT set itself to the same BPM, because the MASTER deck won't go to 0%.

The ONLY way to get it back to 0% so I can match with SYNC is to close Traktor and reopen it, which CLEARLY isn't going to fly during a live gig.

Help?
    Last edited by joyryde; 04-05-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    Vestax VCI-300
    Native Instruments Traktor Pro
    Ableton Live 8
    Apple Macbook Pro 17
    JBL LSR4326P x 4

Tech Wizard

The 0.1% problem came with 1.1.1. I'll try to fix it when I get to my controller. Also today while a "small" gig I noticed scratches are a bit of annoying. So I will post fix for that as well. Too bad TPro is fcking up the jog signals...

Tech Wizard

"I only know how to use the Traktor browser the way I'm used to"
    As I said, I'm a total newby. Elaborate on the browser and Ill try to enhance browsing control as much as I can(or as much as TPro allows).

Tech Convert

I'm using 1.1.2 and it still gets stuck at the non-resettable pitch so SYNC won't work. Probably a NI problem?

As far as the browser, it's OK the way you have it, but in my opinion (which may not be a common consensus) the common-sense way to have the center dial work would be to click left to move left in the browser, click right to move right (ie. from the tree on the left to the individual songs on the right), and when you click the center, it would open the tree (or folder).

As far as your note on the scratching, that hasn't worked for me, when you scratch, it only seems to "catch" in the software 10% of the time, the rest of the time, the song just keeps playing while I scratch.
    Vestax VCI-300
    Ableton Live 8
    Apple Macbook Pro 17
    JBL LSR4326P x 4

Tech Wizard

I got what you mean. I tried to make browsing more Itch-like but you can easily remap browsing to your needs, I added description to some of the functions.
    The scratching works always for me, you just have to make sure you have the SCRATCH button ON at the left or right deck.
    Ill try to improve the mapping this week when I get more time. Thanks for your feedback!

Tech Convert

I opened up the mapping preferences, but it looks like a foreign language to me! I hope to eventually get into it, for now I just need to get one TSI that works well at a live gig, and yours so far is the most likely!

I'll post a video of what the scratching does for me...I can't get it to work very well.

Thanks!
    Vestax VCI-300
    Ableton Live 8
    Apple Macbook Pro 17
    JBL LSR4326P x 4

Tech Wizard

Is there a way to just make a TSI for just FX routed to a Nano Krontrol Pad. Where I can add this to TSI?

thanks soulst!!!!! this helped me a lot in understanding how the midi mapping works in TSP. oh and FIRST POST!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast