Syncing Problem in TPro - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

hey guys

thanks for all the help. ive decided to bypass TP & start messing around with ableton.

i wouldve just upgraded from TS to T3.3 but it seems u cant do that anymore leaving me no choice but to use a program i really dont trust & havent enjoyed at all yet.

im gonna mess with ableton & probably buy the next version of live 8. ill keep djing off TS till i figure ableton out though.

its a shame...i just for the life of me dont know why traktor chose not to follow suit with abletons style of warping. its much much better. hopefully traktor will eventually bring this in cause the beatgridding system pales in comparison.

thanks again

j

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeromerelease View Post
    its a shame...i just for the life of me dont know why traktor chose not to follow suit with abletons style of warping. its much much better. hopefully traktor will eventually bring this in cause the beatgridding system pales in comparison.
    They are doing two different things, is why. Ableton is physically altering the track, making everything sync in time. All Traktor is doing is having an accurate read out of the tempo so you can quickly and simply beatmatch songs. It doesn't change the structure of the file itself.

Gridding works really easily for me. With a bit of time I'm sure it could work really well for you. But, then again, Ableton and Traktor have very different work flows, so if Ableton's works for you then rock the fuck on, man.

It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

I have a lot number, for example, accelerated.
    There is such that the pitch, you do not know the original speed, only slow, not down. :eek:
    120 Bpm -> 108 Bpm pitch, original (TPRO 1.02) 100 Bpm
    Last edited by DJ Keke; 03-01-2009 at 02:19 PM.

i'm sorry, but i think you have to post the question again
    i do not really understand what you need...

maybe you mean that your pitch slider is too short? if you meant that - you can change the amount of the pitch fader in the traktor pro settings, you can set it to 8% (default setting i think), 35% and even 100% !

if you try to sync a track with 120bpm and one with 100bpm then it won't sync until you change the pitch from 8% to at least 35%, otherwise traktor cannot pitch up the song enough!

was that what you meant?

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Quote Originally Posted by Morbido View Post
    i'm sorry, but i think you have to post the question again
    i do not really understand what you need...

maybe you mean that your pitch slider is too short? if you meant that - you can change the amount of the pitch fader in the traktor pro settings, you can set it to 8% (default setting i think), 35% and even 100% !

if you try to sync a track with 120bpm and one with 100bpm then it won't sync until you change the pitch from 8% to at least 35%, otherwise traktor cannot pitch up the song enough!

was that what you meant?
    Solved the problem. Again, the program is installed and working properly.
    Thank you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123