Syncing Problem in TPro - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    you mean you want to keep it sync'd even as you're scrolling through tracks in the deck, right?

So deck A is always master, and every time you load a new song in Deck B you want it to stay sync'd?
    wouldnt the master be whats playing out? why would that be deck A necessarily?

what i mean is why cant TP know which deck is playing, know that your playing without cdjs/TT's & know to keep any deck thats not playing in sync mode? isnt there a switch or button that does this?

i think dvls didn't refer to master as the master signal but to master as the master deck. at syncing you'll always have a master and a slave deck (the slave gets syncd to the master) unless you are using the master clock.

and it is possible to always have the other deck syncd - just hit play on one deck (it's getting the master deck then) and hit sync on the other deck and also hit sync on the master deck. then the sync at the master deck gets half lit indicating that if this deck stops then the other deck gets the master and this deck gets syncd.

as a sidenote - this only works on traktor pro 1.1.1, not on prior versions.

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

there must be something wrong with my version. cause when i hit sync on the master which makes it half lit, i then hit sync on deck 2 & the pitch slider moves all the way to -8% making the track super slow.

this cant be normal right?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I think there might also be a setting for Reset Deck Controls on Load in the preferences... try unchecking that.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I think there might also be a setting for Reset Deck Controls on Load in the preferences... try unchecking that.
    that didnt do anything. im still getting random things. sometimes it half lights, sometimes nothing.

in fact, im reading horror story after horror story about TP. ive seen dubfire just had his fail & had to play off cds. im also hearing how hawtin etc wont upgrade due to its instabilty.

so maybe u can help. i currently have TS installed on my macbook (which runs great) but id like to up to traktor 3 so i can sync & play off cdjs.

but since u cant upgrade anymore, i was wondering what u guys would suggest. where can i get traktor 3?

thanks

j

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

If you can find a copy of it you could buy it, but I don't think NI will recognize the crossgrade or whatever.

You could also try to downgrade to 1.0.2, cause that seems to have a lot more faith behind it.

Also, just out of curiosity, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

jeromerelease:

I did some quick testing with just a mouse and tpro 1.1.1. I had Auto mode on and I pressed the sync button on in every deck. Then I loaded tracks and played and stopped them and traktor seemed to keep everything in sync. It changed the master deck to one of the decks that was still playing and changed that deck's sync button to half lit one. So the thing you are trying to do should be doable with tpro.

I hope you've noticed that the sync gets disabled if you scroll the track in vinyl mode.

And if you use 4 decks I think it might be better to use the internal master clock mode and sync all tracks to that master clock, not to master deck.

But like Dvl's said, have you tried reinstall?

Tech Guru

Guys, you're making things too complicated. All you need to do is set the clock to auto, have solid beatgrids, and you're good. The missing link here is that TPro will disengage sync, if you A) nudge/pitchbend a synced track, B) turn off vinyl mode and scroll around, C) Basically do anything that pushes the synced beatgrid lines away from each other - an example could be jumping to a cue with quantize turned off - there's basically a zillion things you can do to break sync. Knowing what those things are will allow you to keep everything synced all the time. There's nothing to worry about with the diagonal slash through the sync tab, just check the manual to see what it means.

-Now, just as a side note, I've found that keeping sync on all the time is nearly always unnecessary. With precise grids, you can set the sync button to "hold", simply flash the incoming track once to sync tempo/align phase, and that's it. I only use sync in a toggle mode if I'm playing a track that has multiple grid markers that restart the grid. In this case it's essential that sync is toggled on when the play marker passes over the grid markers.

Something else to keep in mind is, changes on the master deck will also make changes on synced decks (watch the tempo sliders to see what I mean.) If you're trying to hit sync and the track's tempo is jumping all the way to 8%, what's going on is that either the tempos of the tracks are too far apart to sync properly, or one or both have incorrect tempos/beatgrids set.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

having synced turned on all the time really is unnecessary... unless you are doing cue juggling - not the controllerism way ean does but the "normal" way to jump around the track - then it's essential, otherwise the quantize wouldn't work and if you hit the cue button slightly off time then this will break the nice sync between your tracks...

i personally prefer having sync turned on all the time, i think it comes down to what you want to do and what's your taste, but having sync turned on means theres less to think about when mixing...

MBP, 10.5.6, TPro 2.0.1, Kontrol S4, VCI-300, a bunch of other makes-nerds-happy-stuff
    ...and still haven't got the heart to get rid of my Turntables, Mixer and my Vinyls
    Reggae, Ragga, Dancehall, Chill Out, Dubstep, Breaks, Drum & Bass

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast